Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey @kscanlon and welcome to the Community.

I'll send you in PM to check this out further Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 121 of 229
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 sempron

I too am getting frusterated with text message issues. I have started a facebook group, we need to organise, if you search #FidoTextHell you can find it or the group ID is 768762409989563. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 122 of 229
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @sempron

That's definitely not how we want you to feel. Are you having trouble with texting at the moment? If so, we'd be happy to send you a PM and check it out. Let me know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 123 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 sempron

Honestly I am so tired of reexplaining the issue over and over. Constantly being told it's my SIM or my phone or whatever. I've changed my SIM, I changed my phone, I bought a new phone and I sent it in for repairs. This started over a year ago, Look in your system for interaction ID I1006337760 dated Dec 2016, and is still going on. I spent hours on the phone witha guy called Kyle documenting everything, even have screenshots of missing text messages (used my daughter's phone to take a picture of multile transactions between wife and I). Look at the most recent ticket C127434605 for details including TIMESTAMPS of missing messages. I mean how more specific can I get? They told me under that escalated ticket it would be fixed within 72 hours and we'd be contacted back. Not 1 word from FIDO. Not 1. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 124 of 229

Thanks for clarifying @sempron , I'll send you a PM so we can help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 125 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I haven't really looked through the thread to see what has been suggested in the past, but have you tried deregistering your number from iMessaging ? https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

If the people texting you are using iPhones, since your number is registered in Apples imessaging database, iPhones using iMessage would recognize your outgoing number as being an iPhone, thus it would not send you an SMS, but an iMessage.

The reason certain text messages may go through would be that they would send those texts while not on Data network or Wifi, thus it would be sent as SMS instead of iMessage.

If you deregister your number from iMessage, their phones, when passing the iMessage verification step, would no longer recognize your number in the Apple database, thus it would recognize your phone as Android and send an SMS every time instead of only when their phone is off Data/Wifi.

Hope this helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 126 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 laureniafr80

I've been having the same issue with my LG G5 for the past few months. Again, I'm not receiving most of my text messages from different phones and different carriers. I called Fido a couple of times and they weren't able to give me an explaination or any helpful tips to fix the problem.

I've always had an Android so it has nothing to do with switching from an iPhone. My previous phone was a Nexus and I never experienced any issues.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 127 of 229
Former Moderator

Hey @laureniafr80

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Can you confirm that you have the version 5.30.47.2 of the Messaging app? 

If that's the case, I'd be happy to send you a PM so we can dig in further and see how we can help with that. 

Let me know! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 128 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 laureniafr80

Yes, that's the version I have

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 129 of 229
Former Moderator

Thanks for confirming @laureniafr80

I'm sending a PM your way so we can take a look at that together. 

Talk to you soon Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 130 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 MichaelJ07

I'm haveming the same problem on my lgg5. Some msgs come through but others don't (from the same contact). So far this is happening with 3 of my contacts that I know of. Any help would be great, thanks. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 131 of 229

Hey @MichaelJ07,

Just a heads up that we have sent you a PM to look into this with you Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 132 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 Alexis10
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the same problem here. Lg G5 as well

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 133 of 229

Hey @Alexis10,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We'll send you a PM shortly so we can check this out! 

Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 134 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 creoledude
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am experiencing the same problem.....I am missing some texts that have been sent to me....please help.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 135 of 229