cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages!

Sarahb87
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

230 REPLIES 230

BBear123
Hi there. I bought the LGG5 phone in March and I have also been experiencing issue with incoming text messages. I have spoke with several different Fido representatives but no one seems to understand that the issue should be a Fido/LG issue and not a paying contract customer issue. Has anybody had any resolution from this issue? I have recieved a couple of months paid from my Fido bill but I am still not able to depend on text messages coming through. I am now considering cancelling my contract with Fido and just paying it out. I use text msging for work so this is really my only option at this point. Way to go Fido, customer service at it's finest. Uhg.

Welcome to the community @BBear123!

I totally get the importance of having reliable text messaging services, and this isn't something we want for any of our customers.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account Smiley

BBear123

Hi Nick,

I am doubtful that you will be helpful here but I am grateful for your effort. I have been in contact with many representatives and every single one of them have basically told me to wait the issue out. The LGG5 phone was sold to me even though Fido was aware of the software issue, this information was not passed on to me. Is this legal? I am so frustrated because I am paying for this problem. I have been taken advantage of, the entire situation is so unethical. 

We're going to check this out together to see what's going on, rest assured you're in good hands! Smiley

I've replied to your PM. 

Aromasanta

I wish I've seen this problem with LG5 before getting it. But Im having problems receiving txts from people. It didnt really matter which provider thru are on. I get some of their txt and I dont get some of the txt. I have called fido and was told about an message upgrade. I have fully upgraded the phone, also have done factory setting, changed the sim card. But still have the same problem. Can someone please help me, I dont know what else to do

Slegg
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Same thing here - LG G5, not receiving all text messages for several months now.

Skyegirl
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I am so glad to have found this thread! I have been having problems with not receiving random text messages since I first got my LG G5 phone in December and I can totally relate to the frustration that my fellow LG G5 phone owners have been having. I have spent months trying to get this resolved and many many hours on the phone with Fido and LG and in person at Fido in Calgary. First Fido trouble shot with me on the phone forever with unsatisfactory results thinking it was a network issue....do this, do that, try this, try that. They then decided it was not a network issue so the phone went to LG for repair. I also had issues with the text on emails jumping about. Came back after some software thing was done to it and right away texts not being received and jumping text on screen were happening, plus my help app didn't work. Back it went to LG as per policy for a second repair....I was told it needs to go back twice before they will replace it with a 'new' phone. The second repair was a new 'mainframe' which I was told was as good as a new phone by Fido. But no, the same issues started again. I feel really let down by Fido....everytime that phone goes back you are having to set up the loaner, set up your phone again...this is time consuming and so inconvenient. Not feeling very satisfied with Fido I contacted LG and they agreed to replace the phone. But not with a new phone...it would be a refurbished one, which I feel is really unfair. I contacted Fido...this is how its done I was told. As a loyal customer to both Fido and LG I feel very undervalued. LG should back their products and replace the phones with new ones. And Fido should stand behind what they are selling and take over for the client when the products they sell are defective and when you have exhausted all angles. So, not without issues in the process, I did get a replacement...and now it is doing the same thing, right away. Haven't noticed the jumping text yet but am not getting random messages. LG suggested sending the replacement back! AGAIN? And now the Fido store thinks it is a network issue. I wonder if they didnt send me my old phone back?  So here I am...do I continue back and forth with LG? Do I go to Fido as suggested by the store I have been going to, to start network troubleshooting (again) or do I call Fido 'Relations' and request a NEW phone and preferably not another LG product?  Fido can have the refurbished one and deal with their supplier and I should get a new one so I can get on with my life. This has been SO stressful.  And I shouldn't have to buy out the contract if I want to change. I have done as much as I could. I have been paying for a service I have not been benefiting from. Buying a US text package in April was a waste of money as I had to call my family when I realized again, I was not getting their texts.   I have everything documented...if it turns out to indeed BE a network issue, Fido has really caused me a lot of bother by deciding it wasn't a few months back and having me pursue the repair and replacement route for nothing. I sure would appreciate some help.

Hey @Skyegirl!

Thanks for posting Smiley

Not receiving all your texts is definitely frustrating and we'd love to investigate further!

I'm sending you a PM so we can get started. See you there!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Sarahb87 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Have you recently upgraded to Android 7.0, and do you know if the messages you've missed are being sent from an iPhone?

Let me know!

Sarahb87

I did get the update to Android 7.0 as soon as I got the phone. The texts I wasn't receiving were from iphone and Android. I did the whole remove my number from imessages as well. Thanks for your help @FidoMaria!

Thanks for letting us know @Sarahb87 ! Is the issue resolved? 

-FidoMegan 

Sarahb87

Well it's hard to know, since I only know if I am not receiving text messages if someone follows up with "did you get my message?" or something. But last night I was still having this issue as my boyfriend (Android, also LG) showed me texts I wasn't getting from him. I do get some messages though, so it's random. And as I mentioned I had two other people mention to me that I wasn't responding to some messages, and they were on iphone and Android. 

Thanks for the info! We'll take a look at your account together to see what's going on @Sarahb87!

I'm sending you a PM so we can get started Smiley

Kerrbear1
I haven't been receiving all txt messages for awhile now too! It's so frustrating!!! How can this be fixed? I have an LG G5.

Hey @Kerrbear1

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sad to see you're having trouble with this service. Did this just start happening or since you've had your phone? Is it specific to certain locations? Last but not least, can you also confirm if you're using the messaging App that comes built-in with the phone or a third-party messaging option? 

Kerrbear1
As far as I know it just started happening maybe a month ago. I'm using the messaging app that is built in to my phone. And no it's not specific to certain locations. It happens everywhere!! So frustrating!

Thanks for clarifying @Kerrbear1

Could you try sending yourself a text message, from your phone, to your own number?

Let me know if you receive the SMS!

Also, I took a few minutes to go over any recent issues we encountered with SMS. From what I saw back in July, certain Fido users who were outside cellular coverage couldn't receive SMS, when they were using Wi-Fi calling. They could still make and receive phone calls as well as send SMS though. 

We've got a team that's still working on fixing this. If that is the case though, you should receive the missing SMS once you move back to an area with cellular coverage. 

Could you also verify if Wi-Fi calling is turned on?

Once it's turned Off, could you try a test and have someone send you an SMS? Smiley

Thanks for checking that out!

dangga00
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi folks, could you let me know if this was resolved and how it was resolved?

I am in the same situation, I'm using a LG G5 and have noticed recently that some texts sent to me weren't recieved.

Texts were sent from both iPhone / Android, and from Fido and other carriers.

Thank you.

Hey @danddaa00,

I'm sending you a PM Smiley

ZapnFry
I'm having the same issue

Hi @ZapnFry

What phone are you using? Is this happening for all your incoming text messages?