cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage

Tricia1
I'm a participant level 3

So I went over my data limit and when I got the txt message about holding my data since it's over 50 dollars I deleted it, is there anyway to accept the extra charge now so I can have my data back?

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Tricia1
I was on Fido network

Thanks for the information:) I'll look into that!

Tricia1
Never mind somehow it just worked so thank you!

Glad it works now! 

Out of curiosity, were you on WiFi or on Fido network when you got that error message?

Akozmin
I'm a participant level 1
So i got this text and all it does it redirects me to fido.ca and it says the page is not found.

Hi there @Akozmin

Thanks for reaching out!

When you click on the link, did you make sure to turn Off Wi-Fi & turn On Mobile Data?

To access the Fido Portal, your phone must be connected to Mobile Data. 

Thanks for trying that out 😃 Keep me posted!

Tricia1
When I do that it says I do not have a secure connection the the Internet server

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Tricia1!

Welcome to the Community:)

You just need to initiate an internet session (try to browse online, open an application that needs internet). You will receive another text message telling you about the 50$ cap. 

You'll then be able to accept the extra charges and resume the internet access:)

Make sure you are not connected to a WiFi network when initiating an internet session.

Keep me updated;) 

happyju-jube

I got this message too. I thought Fido sent a text warning that you were about to go over your data? I got my text at 4:30am as well, alreay saying I was over by$50.