If I buy iphone with contract, can I use sim card in my country when I visit?

SOLVED
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi there

I so confused about locking zone etc.

I'm interested in buying a new iphone with Fido contract here, but I'm concerning if it will work in my hometown.

I have a sim card in my country. When I visit there, I always change to my country's number.

So my question is " Can I use this phone in my country?"

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

**Edited to add labels

Accepted Solution

Re: If I buy iphone with contract, can I use sim card in my country when I visit?

Solved by MVP MVP

@Chocobi you will need to unlock the phone, Fido charges $50 to unlock a phone

Device requirements

• Devices bought from Fido with a term can be unlocked 90 days after the term start date.
  • Devices purchased without a term or with Fido Easy pay financing can be unlocked at any time after the purchase. The device must be listed in the equipment / device history in your account.

Full details here.

You also will have to make sure the phone will work with your home provider's network.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5

@Chocobi you will need to unlock the phone, Fido charges $50 to unlock a phone

Device requirements

• Devices bought from Fido with a term can be unlocked 90 days after the term start date.
  • Devices purchased without a term or with Fido Easy pay financing can be unlocked at any time after the purchase. The device must be listed in the equipment / device history in your account.

Full details here.

You also will have to make sure the phone will work with your home provider's network.

What about if I buy the iphone from the apple store? It's will be the unlocked one.

Can I still use my current Fido plan? 

@Chocobi If you buy the phone outright from the Apple store then it will be a factory unlock phone and it will work with Fido. If you buy the phone on contract and get it fromt he Apple store it will be locked to Fido.

@KAPABLE-K Thank you so much! Very_Happy

@Chocobi no problem.:smileyhappy: