cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20G Monthly Data Bonus

Rich777
I'm a participant level 1

I'm assuming the 20 GB monthly data bonus offer I received via text today is a scam? It looks totally legit but sounds far too good to be true.

2 REPLIES 2

Jen33rd

I was just trying to investigate the same thing. Text with offer of many free Gs. Can't independently find the deal on the phone appl but haven't tried on the computer yet. 

Hello Rich777 and Jen3rd,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, we won't be able to confirm or deny definitively whether that text message you received is legit or a SCAM. However, I can state that some customers have legitmately received free bonus data in the past (see here, here, and here, etc). In addition, there have been some relatively recent articles noting Fido offering bonus data to some customers as well (see here and here).

The offers you received could indeed be legitimate. However, with the number of SCAM / SPAM messages on the rise, it would be irresponsible to blindly claim those particular messages you received are real.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider contacting customer service to see if those offers are on your accounts. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers