cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send / respond to group MMS using OnePlus 6T

mr_saab
I'm a participant level 3

Recently when I've been included in a group MMS txt or attempt to send one with a media file attached my OnePlus 6T just sits at "sending" for a prolonged period of time.  Some times after it times out and I get an error stating the msg hasn't been send when i retry it goes through and other times it will be hours to the point where my message will be received by the recipient hours to a day later.  

I foudn this post on the fido forums about a user with a oneplus 6 having similar issues: https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Trouble-Sending-Pics-by-MMS-on-a-OnePlus-6/td-p/145310

But I checked the settings of the fido connection.  Its set to 

FIDO LTE - itemmobile.apn
MMSC: mms.fido.ca
MMS Proxy: 205.151.11.13

8 REPLIES 8

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mr_saab,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly to clarify:

@mr_saab wrote:...

FIDO LTE - itemmobile.apn
MMSC: mms.fido.ca
MMS Proxy: 205.151.11.13

I understand it was likely a typing mistake, but the APN should be LTEMOBILE.APN.

Since the MMS does go through eventually, it appears that the settings are correct. Have you ensured that your data was enabled when trying to send the MMS? Multimedia message services does get sent as data so it would need to be enabled.

Its possible that your connection to the cellular tower at the time you sent the group MMS was not sufficient to transmit the MMS. Did you happen to notice to which network your phone was connected when you tried to send the MMS?

It's also possible that your messages could have had trouble sending and ended up being delayed due to network congestion. With more and more people using services the networks can at times get overwhelmed by the traffic.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

mr_saab

I understand it was likely a typing mistake, but the APN should be LTEMOBILE.APN.

Screenshot_20200423-000135.jpg

Since the MMS does go through eventually, it appears that the settings are correct. Have you ensured that your data was enabled when trying to send the MMS? Multimedia message services does get sent as data so it would need to be enabled.

Yes.  I have tried having both the wifi and data enabled and just my data while wifi turned off.  Results are the same.

Its possible that your connection to the cellular tower at the time you sent the group MMS was not sufficient to transmit the MMS. Did you happen to notice to which network your phone was connected when you tried to send the MMS?

It's also possible that your messages could have had trouble sending and ended up being delayed due to network congestion. With more and more people using services the networks can at times get overwhelmed by the traffic.

I had almost full bars and was outside without signal interference.

Hope this helps.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing these details,

To begin with, the fact that you're unable to send or receive an MMS message is something we'll need to look into. A simple test of sending an MMS to your own number would confirm if the service is functional or not.

Could you perhaps share with us a screenshot or the configurations of your first APN (Fido LTE)? We'll go over the details together.

mr_saab

Hi Saad,

Tried sending an SMS with attached IMG to myself and it does the same as above.  The messenger sits at "sending" with the 3 dots moving until it times out.

Hey @mr_saab

Have you tried resetting your network settings to see if that helps?

mr_saab

Screenshot_20200429-171231.jpg

FidoAllan

Hey @mr_saab! Thank you for reporting this, we'll take a look into it. 

First, I'd like to ask you a few questions if that's okay with you. 

- Does this also happen when sending MMS that are not from group conversations?

- Does it also happen when receiving them? 

- Can you please try while making sure your LTE is turned on and your WiFi turned off? 

Thanks in advance! Smiley 

mr_saab

- Does this also happen when sending MMS that are not from group conversations?
Yes, when sending to a group MMS or to a single contact.

- Does it also happen when receiving them? 
Yes there has been delays in getting a group MMS for the first time.

- Can you please try while making sure your LTE is turned on and your WiFi turned off? 

I have done this when having issues replying to a gorup MMS.  Had only data on and wifi receiver turnned off and when trying to send a reply to a MMS group message it continues to hang on "Sending"