cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website upgrade issue

Hibdbddndd
I'm a participant level 2

When i am upgrading my phone to an iphone 12 max pro, i am not getting the option to change my plan to the 10 GB for 50$ promo, also it says the phone will be 796 upfront and 33.5 monthly which is what i want but when i chose to move forward the only options are buying the phone in full (1550 upfront), or paying 66$ a month and not paying anything upfront. The only option i can see is to call in or walk into the store, but then i have to pay the 45$ connection fee... whats the best solution here?

7 REPLIES 7

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Hibdbddndd

Just wanted to jump in and confirm that the pricing you're seeing is accurate Smiley

The iPhone 12 Pro Max 128 GB is currently offered at $1596 at full price. You can purchase the phone with a down payment of $796, and your monthly payments will be only $33.34+tx. This is simply because the financed price is $1596 - $796 = $800, after you pay the upfront cost. In other words, we'll only fiance $800 / 24 months = $33.34+tx

On the other hand, when you take advantage of the $0 down promotion, we will be financing the full price of the phone. In this case, you'll have the full amount of $1596 / 24 = $66.50+tx as your monthly payments.

Keep in mind that you can also contact us to apply a one time payment on your Fido Financement Program to lower your monthly cost, if that better suits your needs. This can be done after you complete your upgrade online. To do so, you'll need to contact us, and you can find more info on this topic on our FAQ page.

Hope this helps!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hibdbddndd,

Welcome to the community!

What type of plan do your currently have? Do you have a subsidised plan? That is, the cost of devices was incorporated into the plan costs (ie Large, Medium, etc). You should note that Fido switched from their subsidised plans to a financed Payment Program. With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. Some of the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model. I understand you are wishing to switch to a new Payment Program plan, however, the system might not be providing your eligible offers properly if your current plan is subsidised (or BYOP). That could be the reason you're not provided with the other options.

If this is the case, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

furyCustomer
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I can confirm that Fido website works like **bleep**. 10 min ago I was trying to look at the specials, i.e. at Moto Edge+ in particular to simulate and check what would it cost me if I upgrade. No way. This stupid website keeps asking me to login again and again. Sometimes I just get nowhere.  
Don't ask me stupid questions, Fido support. I'm not your free beta-tester.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Hibdbddndd,

The website seems to work fine for me I was able to see the phone at the monthly rate and I'm able to select the 10GB $50 plan as well.

Try clearing your browser cache or try a different browser and see if it helps.

Hibdbddndd

still not working, the plan change works that was my error but the phone pricing/monthly payments still arent working.

here are the photos.Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.03.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.48.57 AM.png

@Hibdbddndd that is definitely odd it shows the correct price for me.

Phone upgrade.jpg

The only difference is yours says it's an exclusive offer for you, I suspect your account has an exclusive offer that has since been lowered, and its defaulting over the current offer, in this case, I would suggest you contact customer service and tell them you want to decline the offer and it should remove it from the account. If you are still having the issue just let them know and they should be able to process the upgrade without charging the fee.  

Hibdbddndd

after doing some more digging ive noticed all the quotes of phones that involve an upfront payment along with a monthly payment are being changed to strictly monthly payments or strictly buyign the phone outright upon moving forward with an upgrade online - any help is greatly appreciated.