cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nightmare of upgrading a phone

Dc86
I'm a contributor level 1

So a week ago Saturday updated my plan and ordered a phone upgrade, then when it didn't get shipped within 48hrs I called and was told it's on backorder but a better phone is on for same Price ...so was like definitely I'll take that, thought everything was good, then I get an email saying the model I originally ordered was on its way. Then I call Fido customer support and they said it's probably a clerical error but if it's the wrong phone call us back. So I called them back because I got the wrong phone had to talk to a supervisor after one CSR was arguing with me and finally the supervisor said that the phone that I ordered is on its way or I should get a tracking number Friday night Monday morning. Monday comes nothing I call again and I'm told that the order was then canceled had to get another supervisor on the phone they said that they see that the phone has been scanned but not sent out. Wait 24 hours and you should get a tracking number. Well it's now been a few days and still nothing. Now I've been told to wait another 24 hours. So far I've been really happy with Fido they've been really good to me and I've always kept my bills paid on time up to date but I feel like I'm getting the runaround now. It's making me really frustrated. I have the wrong phone here that I'm waiting for a label to come to return and still no shipping number for the one that I actually wanted has anyone else ever had this experience or can anyone that may be looking at this that's part of Fido do something? I have borderline personality disorder and I have a hard time processing certain information and also when stuff like this happens it causes alot of anxiety. I've been to the point of crying because the last week and a half has been almost every day on the phone or on the site chatting with a CSR from Fido, I've had to basically cancel everything because I need to be here when (and if) the right phone comes... feeling like trust has been broken:(

Dylan

10 REPLIES 10

Dc86

And today when I call back because there's still nothing after 48 hours and the CSR that I talked to after trying to explain the whole situation and trying to explain that I have difficulty understanding certain things due to mental health reasons I got told not to go on and on and on when I'm just trying to understand what's going on and I still haven't gotten the right device I've been a good customer with Fido now for 2 years always paid my bills on time and up-to-date this is just getting me really down

Hey @Dc86! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience so far with your phone upgrade. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel.

Has there been any change since you last posted this? If not, you can request a PM from the community here and we'll be happy to help you with your order.

Let us know.

Dc86

No nothing new. I just keep getting told to wait another 24 hours every day. Apparently a supervisor was supposed to call me back within 48 hours of Monday but that didn't happen. Apparently the back office team was supposed to call me at noon today but that didn't happen. all I've gotten is a return label for the S9 that I got instead of the s10e that I was supposed to get. I sent out the phone last night to return but nothing new on the right device coming to me and no CSR is able to give me any new information

Hey @Dc86

Let's take a look at your account together.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon. 

Dc86

Now I'm getting an A10E apperently is coming again you guys messed up my order again I'm absolutely unhappy and ready to switch phone companies this is completely unacceptable

Dc86

Well I did actually talk to a real supervisor from Fido as I found out you guys subcontract supervising because now this is the second time getting the wrong device talking to an actual senior manager from Fido he was able to track it back to pure human error both times he said it's the second time in his total career at Fido that this has happened and is totally inexcusable hopefully I didn't get anyone fired but he said he is not taking this sitting down and reported the person at the warehouse that messed up the order again hopefully by the time I have to reject signing for the phone that comes on Monday there will still be the actual one I ordered in stock if not I will be extremely unhappy but if I may suggest one thing it be that you guys get the means for supervisors to contact the warehouse for situations like this directly instead of making a case number and having to submit it otherwise this could have been totally taken care of before it was even released from the warehouse. As he said this is completely inexcusable and shouldn't have happened. This is now two weeks of my life I have spent over 13 hours on the phone with csrs and supervisors who have promised me things promised that they would follow up and didn't promise that I would get a phone call from the back office and didn't promised me that they saw an actual serial number for an s10e scanned which obviously I don't know was a flat out lie or not because it was an a10e. But seriously this had me thinking of switching phone companies because this is just totally not right and until I get the right phone or even a better one for the same price because of all the trouble I've now had to gone through I won't rest

Hey @Dc86 !

I'm glad to know that you were able to get the situation escalated and handled, but I do apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused. Sad

Your feedback is much appreciated, as we can always find ways to improve our services.

Please keep us posted!

Dc86

Well apparently I'm supposed to reject the parcel when it comes with the wrong phone in it and tell them to return back to sender and hopefully that will be able to get me the right phone coming this week guess I'll have to see you when I talk to the senior supervisor again on Monday

Dc86

Well it seems finally the right phone is in its way I have to thank the senior supervisor Martin at the Montreal office as he got everything sorted out and done right ASAP. So a word to anyone else that's having issues if you ask to speak with a supervisor ask if they're actually a Fido supervisor and not a subcontraced one as that seemed to make a big difference although the error was tracked to a person picking the wrong devices the difference in supervisors and what happened after was alot different, not that the others didn't try to help, just seems like there was alot better follow through this time round...so hopefully it's an s10e lol

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update @Dc86

Happy to hear that your situation was resolved.  You would be able to confirm which device will be shipped with the order confirmation email. Soon after, you'll receive another email with the tracking number, as soon as the device leaves our warehouse.

Hopefully, the supervisor was able to turn your experience around. Let us know how it goes, we'll be happy to follow up as well Smiley