cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formal complaint

porscha
I'm a participant level 1

Does anyone know how to file a formal complaint or escalate an issue?

I have wasted many hours with customer service along with being forwarded to a manager over the phone and my issue has not been resolved. I have only been given the run around, lied to and spoken down to. I am extremely fed up and want to file a formal complaint about my unresolved issue and the manager I spoke to.

I went to https://www.fido.ca/consumer/share-a-concern and it does not direct you anywhere other than their contact page, live chat or Ombudsman. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

22 REPLIES 22

bechery
I'm a participant level 2

I would also like to know what to do. The service is attrocious. I am stuck as to how get back back my refund.

1) In May I cancelled my fido service, confirming with the customer service that I would have service for the whole of my last day, June 2. Guess what! FIDO cut my service off June 1 so I didn't have my phone while I was moving. When I rang the help desk to get it reinstalled, it was useless. I was on the call for more than an hour at a time when I had movers going everywhere. In the end I just gave up as the customer service wouldn't do anything.

I was told that I would need to pay for the whole month and would get back the overpayment.

2) So I get my final statement June 27 with the overpayment showing. I contacted customer service and Jobanpreet said I would receive a check in 4-5 weeks. Nope, never arrived.

3) So then I contact customer service again on Aug 14 and Sandeep says he submitted a credit card refund of $58 that would take 4-6 business days. Guess what. It hasn't arrived.

Pathetic. Now considering https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Hello @bechery 

Following your cancellation, you definitely should receive a cheque if there's a remaining balance. If that's not resolved yet, it will be necessary to contact our customer service. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

bechery

But contacting customer service doesn't work.It has been almost 15 weeks since my service was cut on June 2 and I still have not received my refund of $58 overpayment even though I have been promised by Jobanpreet (June 27), Sandeep (Aug 14), and Meronika (25 Aug) all from FIDO customer service that the refund is coming. It has never, never, never arrived. What do I need to do? Can it just be paid back into the same account from which the monthly bill was autopaid? Wouldnt that be the easiest? I am at a loss. Three times and nothing forthcoming.

The best though was Meronika saying that FIDO tried calling me to resolve the matter. "On what number did they try to call?" I asked. "On your mobile phone number" came the reply. "Oh you mean the one that FIDO cancelled on June 2?" I asked. "Yes." came the reply without any hint of understanding that calling me on a phone number two months after it was cancelled is not likely to be successful.

Hello.

For your refund, it will be important to get in contact with our customer service. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

JanuaryHare

Fido Customer Service is the most ridiculous and poorly run operation I've ever encountered. Dealing with their agents is positively exhausting and they range from ignorant and mildly annoying to absoultely unhinged. I had to call head office last time I had an issue because the agent literally refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor and kept me on the call, not speaking, not transferring, not helping, just in actual silence because I wouldn't accept his offer of $50 off. That was the first time my interactions with this team gave me an anxiety attack. Today marks the second. I have been on the phone for 49 minutes, transferred three times and once again, when I finally asked for a supervisor because they have no communication between departments and you have to verify your information, re-explain your situation multiple times and I was tired of telling the same story only to be told I wasn't speaking to the correct person I was told I can't speak to a supervisor and that I have to be helped by the customer service agent, who I explained my situation to multiple times and still didn't understand my issue.  I was told my internet modem would arrive in 4-5 business days, on the 7th business day I finally called to find out what was going on, I was told that the account was cancelled. No one informed me the account was canceled, no notification was provided, I just sat here hotspotting my phone for over a week waiting for a modem that was never on its way. When I inquired about why it was canceled.. it was due to an "overdue" balance from 2022 for an account that I never used. I had arranged for Fido to set up internet at a unit I was moving into, but the day I was scheduled to move in, I discovered pests and decided not to live there. I called Fido and they told me to return the modem and my account was cancelled. I went to a store and dropped it off, no one there told me I owed any money, when I called to set up the new account I was never informed. So there's been a balance of $26 existing for service I never received (which is fine, I would have paid it) However, it's absolutely ridiculous to not inform me for over 8 months that I had a balance for something and to cancel my new service without any communication, especially over such a miniscule amount. Moreover, I had to BEG the customer service rep to just let me speak to a supervisor and it was the absolutely most frustrating conversation I've ever partaken in and has made me an hour late to work, ruined my mood at 8am in the morning and is once again one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever encountered. I don't know what Fido is doing over there, but this is out of control. 

Hello @JanuaryHare and thank you for sharing this on the Community.

This is definitely not the experience that we want for any of our customers. We aim to give you an excellent service and your feedback is much appreciated.

For any assistance with your account, please contact our team whenever you get the chance.

Kajen
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Stop wasting your time. Just port you number over. Fido does not care about their existing customers. They only care about acquiring new ones

xceptional88
I'm a participant level 3

How was this resolved. I visited a fido store where I had an appointment at 4pm and I was made to wait till 440pm and then told to reschedule because store is going to close at 5pm. I then asked them that why is there an appointment than and i did drive 40 mins and waited 40 mins, so they should accomodate me. Another guy at the store misbehaved and threatened me to beat me and asked me to get out of the store. I want to make official complaint about this

xceptional88

empoyees have no right to harras customers

bing_tang_2002

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @porscha

Welcome to our community!

We're sad to learn that your concerns haven't been resolved, we certainly want the best experience for our customers. 

We can help you with the complaint right here, I'll send you a private message right away to look into it. 

I'll see you in PM.

Mgouthro

I would also like to file a complaint as your customer service reps don't seem to do their job or understand what I'm saying.ive had several cases made been into stores several times and no results. I'm looking in to finding a lawyer 

Hello Mgouthro,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience. However, you should note these forums are community-driven and are not intended as a venue for customer support. If you wished to submit a formal complaint, you would need to escalate your matter through customer support. Issues will only be referred to the Office of President or Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). 

If you wished to address your matter, you would need to contact customer service and have them escalate your concern. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You can also follow the resolve a concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Fadiawad

Hi there, your customer service needs a customer service. Iam at the chat room for 2 hours with no success to chat with an agent. I have just a question... what is TAG service?

Hi @Fadiawad and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to read about your experience on live chat. The ''TAG'' you see on your agreement is just an internal jargon/term we use to identify plans, offers, addons and more. Hope that answers your question.

Aanchal1

I am fed up with Fido services and want to cancel my services. I did a horrible mistake purchasing a device with Fido with the worst services ever:/ I have no update on refund and they are Charging me unnecessarily I am not an **bleep** who will keep paying without using the device or any service of theirs.its more than a week I am trying to reach the customer service via call or chat but no response. How the hell are they so busy when none of their customers is receiving a response. Do they feel customers are fool? If you visit their store, they are like call them chat with them I am highly frustrated now and want my money back:/

xceptional88

How can I make an official complaint about an employee who misbehaved. 

Hey @xceptional88, Alex here and I'll be happy to help.

First of all, I want to say that I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. This is unacceptable and you certainly shouldn't have to go through such an experience. You can be sure that this is not the kind of service we want to give our customers and we'll do what's necessary to make sure that it doesn't happen again. 

In order to have this looked into, you can contact our customer service through any of our regular channels here. One of our representatives will be able to help you with this and forward your feedback to the appropriate people.

hellokitty2222

hello,

how do i make a formal complaint about a Supervisor that I dealt with over the phone? She was super rude and unhelpful. She made it seem that I was lying as well. I will not accept this behaviour nor let this slide.

Hey @hellokitty2222 Smiley
Welcome to the Community! 

I'm truly sorry to hear about your recent experience over the phone.

You can reach out through any method listed here to send your feedback!