cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit balance on final bill

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I have a negative balance on my final bill after closing account, should I not get a refund? Bill was issued Jan 4th it's now 30th and still nothing on my credit card. It was pre-authorized payment.

34 REPLIES 34

Hello @Vividh,

Welcome to the community!

Fido will send you the refund by cheque to the address on file.

samsha
I'm a participant level 1

My Fido account number is: **********

Email: **********************

Fido number: ***-***-****

I have closed my FIDO mobile connection, I have a CREDIT balance of $14.63, please issue a refund.

Please revert if you need bank information.

Thanks!

Hey @samsha!

I've moved your post on this thread for you. It has the answers you're looking for. Smiley

Let us know if you have any other questions.

rasha59

Hi I received an e-mail for my last bill and I have credit $24.49. How can I get this amount of money?

Hey @rasha59!

I've moved your post on this thread for you. It has the answers you're looking for. Smiley

Let us know if you have any other questions.

londonbenn
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I have $31 credit on my account that I had to close due to Covid-19.

How can I get this credited back to my Canadian bank account if I no longer have a Canadian address? (the Fido system won't let me put in a European address for the refund cheque)

The account has had this excess since April, though it appears to have 'expired,' by going red and now saying zero.

Will this expire if I leave it as credit for when I next return to Canada? (I will return in about 1.5years time)

Thanks

@FidoPhilippe 

Hey @londonbenn,

Great question! If the cheque was not issued yet and you were making payments from a credit card you can request the refund back to that card. Alternatively, we can also mail the cheque to your international address.

In order to get this process started, you will need to reach out to us here or we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed. 😃

londonbenn

@FidoAnthony 

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your response, perhaps you can help me via private message - I can't seem to find anywhere I could request the things you suggested at that link.

Thanks so much,

Chiara

Sending a PM your way now! See you there @londonbenn Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Fidopls,

If you will be getting a refund after your final bill has been produced you will get that refund by cheque.

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Thanks for the answer. How long does that usually take?

Hey Fidopls!

The refund cheque is usually sent out to the address on the account, between 1 to 3 weeks after your final invoice is released. 

suneelchoudhary

Please could you let us know as to what can be done if its more than 4 weeks after the final invoice, however, the refund cheque has not been received yet.

Hello @suneelchoudhary 

Sorry to see you didn't receive your refund cheque yet. 

In order to get this looked into, it will be necessary to get in contact with our customer service.

You can find all the ways to reach us here.