cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate a new SIM card for a new tablet data only plan

MrB0
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am a post paid customer and have a new unactivated SIM card and like to add a tablet data only plan on-line and to skip the set up fee but can't find out how.  I'm not keen to buy a new tablet with 2 year contract.  Thanks for the help

5 REPLIES 5

Sukhmomi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

How  can I add and activate a new SIM card for a new tablet data only plan to my existing account? I tried data only plan , but it ask to buy tablet. I have my own tablet. 

Hello Sukhmoni,

I replied to your other post here. As mentioned in that post (as well as the solution below), you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps ☃️

Cheers

Fred40
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

But yesterday, I talk to live chat, I was told I can activate data only plan by my self to save 45 dollars setup fee. But I cannot find where is "data plan only" click entrance?  

Hello Fred40,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you're wishing to get Fido's Tablet plan. It is often referred to in these forums as the data-only plan. For a long time, that plan used to be the only plan which did not include Talk or Text. However, Fido now offers other data-only plans (ie no Talk included) (see here). Text messaging would be available on those plans. You can get one of the data-only (technically Data & Text) plans online. However, as FidoSaira notes, the Tablet plan can only be activated via customer service.

The Tablet plan was intended as an additional data-only option for eligible post-paid customers only. It can only be added by customer service so they can verify customers have an eligible plan to allow for the Tablet plan. You should note that the Tablet plan no longer allows for voice or text messaging on a pay-per-use basis. That functionality was removed (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaira

Hey @MrB0

At the moment, data only lines can only be activated through customer care for all customers. 🙂