Why is the LG G6 still being sold for so much $$ ?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 reelRobhardy
I'm a Participant Level 3

Why is the LG G6 still being sold for so much $$ ?

I have an older Fido LG phone I was considering upgrading, but the old LG G6 is *still* being sold for $800 (same price as the LG G7) for purchase without a plan (or using an existing plan).  :Puzzled:

This is awefully high!  Especially considering I can get an unlocked LG G6 (US997) phone from a big box store in the USA for $349.99 USD !

How can this be justified to the consumer?

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is the LG G6 still being sold for so much $$ ?

Hey @reelRobhardy

Premium smartphone prices have gone up over the last few years, for all companies. We know our customers want the latest phones, but more importantly at a price they can afford🙂​​​​​

The pricing from one country to another can differ due of many factors, however I assure you that our pricing for LG phones still remains one of the lowest and very competitive in Canadian market. 

That said, there are a few difference between the LG G6 and LG Q6

The G6 has a rear fingerprint sensor and the Q6 does not. 

The G6 has a best-in-class camera system. It offers two 13 MP cameras; one has a f/1.8, 1/3", 1.12 µm, lens with 3-axis OIS and phase detection autofocus. 

The G6 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset while the Q6 is using the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435.

The G6 has a 5.7-inch QHD display packed into the frame giving it a 78.6% screen-to-body ratio. 

The user interface of the G6 is LG's UX 6 and the Q6 has LG UX 5.

For more details you can check our Technical Specifications for each phone through Fido.ca. 

Hope it helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 3 reelRobhardy
I'm a Participant Level 3

https://www.fido.ca/nac/?icid=bu-hptnnac-ssbhfcwrls-07ddyy6#/choose-phone

https://www.fido.ca/nac/?icid=bu-hptnnac-ssbhfcwrls-07ddyy6#/choose-phone

Btw what is the difference between LG G6 &  LG GQ6"Fido Fave"?  

Because I see two listings now for the LG G6 (assuming it is the same hardware version)?

Sorry that was the LG Q6 i was seeing as a "Fido Fave", whatever that means specifically.

Anyway looks like the USA, and Koodo, have much better prices for the LG G6 then Fido (currently) does.

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Solution

Hey @reelRobhardy

Premium smartphone prices have gone up over the last few years, for all companies. We know our customers want the latest phones, but more importantly at a price they can afford🙂​​​​​

The pricing from one country to another can differ due of many factors, however I assure you that our pricing for LG phones still remains one of the lowest and very competitive in Canadian market. 

That said, there are a few difference between the LG G6 and LG Q6

The G6 has a rear fingerprint sensor and the Q6 does not. 

The G6 has a best-in-class camera system. It offers two 13 MP cameras; one has a f/1.8, 1/3", 1.12 µm, lens with 3-axis OIS and phase detection autofocus. 

The G6 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset while the Q6 is using the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435.

The G6 has a 5.7-inch QHD display packed into the frame giving it a 78.6% screen-to-body ratio. 

The user interface of the G6 is LG's UX 6 and the Q6 has LG UX 5.

For more details you can check our Technical Specifications for each phone through Fido.ca. 

Hope it helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3