cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the LG G6 still being sold for so much $$ ?

reelRobhardy
I'm a participant level 3

I have an older Fido LG phone I was considering upgrading, but the old LG G6 is *still* being sold for $800 (same price as the LG G7) for purchase without a plan (or using an existing plan).  Puzzled

This is awefully high!  Especially considering I can get an unlocked LG G6 (US997) phone from a big box store in the USA for $349.99 USD !

How can this be justified to the consumer?

2 REPLIES 2

reelRobhardy

https://www.fido.ca/nac/?icid=bu-hptnnac-ssbhfcwrls-07ddyy6#/choose-phone

https://www.fido.ca/nac/?icid=bu-hptnnac-ssbhfcwrls-07ddyy6#/choose-phone

Btw what is the difference between LG G6 &  LG GQ6"Fido Fave"?  

Because I see two listings now for the LG G6 (assuming it is the same hardware version)?

Sorry that was the LG Q6 i was seeing as a "Fido Fave", whatever that means specifically.

Anyway looks like the USA, and Koodo, have much better prices for the LG G6 then Fido (currently) does.

Thanks.

Hey @reelRobhardy

Premium smartphone prices have gone up over the last few years, for all companies. We know our customers want the latest phones, but more importantly at a price they can afford🙂​​​​​

The pricing from one country to another can differ due of many factors, however I assure you that our pricing for LG phones still remains one of the lowest and very competitive in Canadian market. 

That said, there are a few difference between the LG G6 and LG Q6

The G6 has a rear fingerprint sensor and the Q6 does not. 

The G6 has a best-in-class camera system. It offers two 13 MP cameras; one has a f/1.8, 1/3", 1.12 µm, lens with 3-axis OIS and phase detection autofocus. 

The G6 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset while the Q6 is using the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435.

The G6 has a 5.7-inch QHD display packed into the frame giving it a 78.6% screen-to-body ratio. 

The user interface of the G6 is LG's UX 6 and the Q6 has LG UX 5.

For more details you can check our Technical Specifications for each phone through Fido.ca. 

Hope it helps!