cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail 1-587-737-0210

DL79
I'm a contributor level 1

I received a call from an unknown number which I don't pickup; expecting it to go to voicemail.

The number above showed up on my screen.  I tried to access my voicemail the usual way and at pressing "1" , this "RCI_F" comes up.

Is this legit?  Have my phone been hacked or something?

Pls advise.

DL79

34 REPLIES 34

Hey @HMyshrall

You are not charged extra fees when using your voicemail. In fact, you are not charged any airtime fees if you have unlimited Canada-Wide calling, and placing calls from within Canada to Canadian numbers.

As for the voicemail, when calling that number, does it not forward you to your voicemail inbox?

Hello,

@FidoSaad wrote:...Since Fido is part of Rogers, RCI could stand for Rogers Communications Inc...

Following that, RCI_F could stand for Rogers Communications Inc - Fido.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Henry88
I'm a participant level 2

My voicemail is set up but callers get "The caller is unavailable.. try again later" and does not go to voicemail.

When doing the query *#61# I get the following info:

IMG_2378.PNG

Hey @Henry88,

Have you tried a network reset? If not, feel free to contact us here and we'll be happy to help you. Alternately we can send you a PM here on the Community.

Let us know! 😃

Henry88

Network reset doesn't help.

Please pm.

We've replied to you via PM. Talk to you soon! 😊

fido6053

Galaxy A8.

Model number SM-A530W 32GB Orchid Grey (SMA530WV32).

Android 8.0.0

I'm ignoring any phone upgrades, so updates have not been done for a good year.

My voicemail number was changed automatically by network (or by Fido/Rogers).

My wife has the same phone, and she got that change automatically too - voicemail number changed to 1-587-737-0210. None of the technical support personal are not aware about such number, and they advise to change it again back to regular 416 number.

I think it's immoral from Fido/Rogers to do such change without telling a user.

When I tried to check my voicemail, and I realised that my phone is calling to a new place with weird name to a weird phone number, I hung up right away because the phone could be scam, and I didn't want to enter my pin to give access to scammers.

"On our end, as long as you're able to access the voicemail (VM) and retrieve your messages, there would be nothing wrong with the service."

You are wrong. I'm not going to call suspicious unofficial number 1-587-737-0210 to enter my pin to check if the service is legitimate.

I think Fido/Rogers are doing some study/experiments, and they messed up voicemail service by sending a code to automatically change setting on my phone, and you are covering it up theyn there is nothing wrong with it, or Fido tech support are highly unprofessional, and they don't know what is happening with their network because probably Rogers is doin'g something without telling partners.

Hey @fido6053 thank you so much for all the info this really helps. Let me reassure you we have not made any changes to our retrieval numbers. We really want the best for our customers and respecting their privacy as well as their information is crucial.  

Have you tried doing a network reset? This would bring all of your settings back as they were when you got the device. 

Let us know!

fido6053

Network reset was done on Fido end by tech support, and on my end through settings.

1-587-737-0210 number and RCI name came back.

I think it's a new Fido voice message retrieval number, but it's not official yet, and even tech support is not aware about it. Maybe it cam from Rogers somehow.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DXS, @DL79

Please note that your voicemail number should be +1 416 821-6549. However, if you have the Visual voicemail Value Pack add-on for iPhone, your voicemail number should be +1 647 839-6178. You can find more info here.

Can you please confirm in your phone's settings that this is your voicemail number?

Let us know!

abc51

I hope these numbers actually work.  It is curious that so many phones have been altered by Fido with NO explaination to the customers.  If we are to change over to the 587 number, why not announce it.  This is really odd behaviour from a telecom provider.  it seems to me if they change it to 587 area code for retreival of voicemail, why are we going back to the 416 number.  Why is this so complicated and why is so badly midhandled?

Hello @abc51,

Welcome to the community!

What impacts have the voicemail retrieval number change had on you exactly? 

Rubytnt
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my phone. My service provider is now showing as RCI_F instead of Fido. And my voicemail phone number is no longer 647 but was somehow changed to 587-737-0210. Please advise how to fix this issue.

DL79

So what does this mean? My voicemail is linked to an unknown number ? How do I fix this?