Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable, overcharged and no support from Fido

Peace91
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Team,

I woke up with a rude awakening today. I am shell shocked to see a bill of 686.76 CAD.

I generally check my app to make sure I don't use up my International minutes.

After bad experiences previously, I'm even more cautious with my usage. I consistently make sure that my minutes didn't cross 1000 and whenever I checked the app, it didn’t cross it. Most of the times the app hangs and doesn’t give you an accurate picture.

However, when I got the bill today, I have absolutely no words to describe my disappointment. I just paid a sum of 150 CAD from my previous and I downgraded to a lesser plan as I'm unable to pay my monthly bills.

I called the customer care line too, to downgrade my plan a couple of days ago. Neither did I have an idea nor did the customer executive tell me.

Things are at it’s worst with Covid-19 and my sister also suffering in India. I had to check on her and make sure she’s alright. I’m mostly certain that I didn’t overlook the mins.

I texted the Facebook handle of Fido and I don't think they're able to provide a solution.

• The app really sucks and doesn’t give an accurate picture. I can attach screenshots that shows that the app is blank and non-functioning.
  • Most of the times the mins are not added to the app. It suddenly accumulates after 1 or 2 days.
  • To make it helpful for so many other customers, why can’t you send notifications indicating the mins are about to be over. You do it for the data. It is not impossible.
  • The charges are so much that one can’t pay. I’m being charged 542 CAD plus taxes for 576 overage mins. If I had that kind of money, I would’ve bought a new phone.
  • You say Fido is there to protect and help people through the current situation. Is this the help one is being offered? I see a message saying Long-distance calling charges are alleviated, only to see that it is within Canada and one has to read the FAQS to understand this.

I really don’t know where to go for help. If I’m overlooked by the community, only consumer complaints look like a feasible option. I kindly request someone to help.

P.S I'm appalled to read that other people are facing through such situations. I think this is really unfair. If you're really bothered to help people in need, please indicate that.

Regards,

Prathith

It just blanks outIt just blanks out

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas21
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Fido's business plan is to deceitfully charge their loyal paying customers with obscene overcharges. 

Fido aim to make their money off these charges. 

I received a monthly bill that totaled a combined 8 years of my agreed monthly bill.

When attempting to resolve the issue I was told "the charges are good, would you like to be redirected to make payment?"

Hello Thomas21,

To clarify, your situation was very different from the OP. Your charges were not deceitful nor overage on Fido's part. By your own words, your charges were because of a ?app glitch. You might not have intended on making all those International calls using the cellular services. Unfortunately however, your phone did. Fido appropriately charged for the International calls your phone made.

Cheers

chiharu
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, how are you and your loved ones doing? We have the same Fido experience like the one you metioned in your post, can we contact and communicate the situation. Thank you! 

jasonh2

I'm dacinf a similar situation, they said their system is down but their phone line does not even answer account-related questions at the moment, plus their bill details are not even showing on the website. Disappointed! I'm freezing my credit card to get rid of this fido official scam and switch to another carrier! Bye bye fido!

Hello Jasonh2,

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to view the details of your bill via My Account: Billings & Payments --> View Bill. From there, you should be able to Save or Print a PDF copy of your bill (see here). In addition, you should also be able to view the details online. Any additional charges would be listed under Other Charges and Credits.

**edit** If you choose to not pay and switch carriers, your credit will likely be affected due to non-payment. You're better off trying to figure out what the charges are for and paying them rather than absconding.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Peace91

You mentioned having contacted us on Facebook. We'll continue helping you there.