Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

I'm a Participant Level 3 Tekovince
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Hi there... I had to get a new Credit Card number a few months ago, and Fido charges me yearly for my phone plan. The charge was supposed to go through last night but it didn't since my old credit card is no longer valid.

So I go to the Manage Credit Card page in my account, enter all of the info for my new credit card, and click Continue.

At this point all I get is a message at the top of the page. 
Oops!
That doesn’t seem to be working.!

Tried different browsers.

Oops!

Tried re-typing in my billing address
Oops!

Re-verified my card number and cvv code at least 10 times
Oops!

Purchased something on eBay with the same credit card
Success!
Tried card on Fido.ca again
Oops!

What isn't working? Is it blocked because the transaction didn't finish processing? Is the website down for maintenance? Is the credit card validation system down? Are the Fido heardquarters being attacked by a giant Stay Puft marshmallow man? Can we get more descriptive error messages?!

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Hey @Tekovince

That's really odd, I'm not sure what happened with that PM, so sorry about that! 

In the spirit of sharing the full details, you can use our IVR system over the phone to update the credit card information by pressing options 3 - 4 and then 2. 

Thank you for taking the time and sharing these updates with us in regards to the website, I'll make sure it gets forwarded to the right people!  

Can you also let us know if you were already refunded the amounts that were charged at $1 per attempt for this? It should have been an automatic refund that you could check in your pending transactions. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 53

Hey @MCB_52

Sorry to see that you are having all that trouble.

Were you able to reach the customer service at our opening hours?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 noelswanson
I'm a Participant Level 1

@FidoKenny have you noticed that no one from Fido is actdually answering the question?

I too cannot update my creditd card in my prepaid account. Nor can I delete the old one.  (yes, I read http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/22492 where that question is not answered either). I get the same error message as everyone else here. I am using the correct login/name/address.

This is clearly a software issue. Having to have people phone in to do this is ridiculous- especially since one has to do this during office hours. So now I am stuck, having just arrived in an airport from abroad, with no phone.

When is Fido actually going to fix the problem instead of getting people to try different workarounds?

Noel

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 53
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @noelswanson & welcome to the Community!

On our end, we don't have any alerts or confirmation that this is a system issue. That said, I'll send you a PM so we can check out your account.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 KEVINCA

I got the same issue here.

I have tried both of Interac and Credit Cards. Both of them didn't work. And I am very sure my card is okay.

What can I do?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 53

Hey @KEVINCA! Thanks for posting Smiley

For prepaid accounts, the name on your card and billing address must match exactly what we have on file on our end.

Do you know if that's the case?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 Qiwen

Good afternoon Nick,

Yes, the name on my card and billing address is exactly the same as my profile information. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 53

Hey @Qiwen!

If both are identical, then it should definitely work!

What type of error message do you get when trying to register the card? Also, does the same thing happen if you try to do it by calling 611?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 3 MCB_52
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi Fido Community,

I originally posted the inquiry several months ago and wish to provide an update.

In the end, it turns out there was a small difference on my new MasterCard, that likely caused the issue. Despite me assuming nothing had changed, upon a closer look, my middle name initial had been removed from the newest card. Fido, when they finally were available during business hours the next day, assisted me over the phone (though the Rep took far longer than needed to take care of such a simple in-account update).

As per others who've taken the time to respond, you likely concluded, as I had, that you are really out of luck should any of these issues occur outside of Fido's business hours... Getting inconclusive error messages in the online account is something that can easily be remedied.

Hope no one else ends up in a similar situation!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 53
Former Moderator FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update, @MCB_52

Just so you know, you can also reach out on social media for help directly related to your account. Feel free to check out all our contact methods HERE.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 2 NewJohnny
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm encountering the message "We’ve hit a snag. Please check back later." when trying to update the pre-authorized card.

Fido online services have been so bad, for so long, that I just won't bother anymore. I'm cancelling my (monthly) account as of Dec.1/17.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 53
Moderator (inactive) FidoRanya
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @NewJohnny

We don't want to see you go over this Sad

Have you tried a different browser ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 2 NewJohnny
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not interested in trying. Ongoing problems for so many years, I'm just going somewhere else. If the Fido web team can't develop for all browsers, then there's a bigger problem here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 53

@NewJohnny, I'd be sure to pass your feedback along. Do you want me to send you a PM to troubleshoot this? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 wt0317

I had the same problem as OP last year, I had to call in to update my credit card. I was trying again today and still see the same annoying message "Oops! That doesn't seem to be working.!"

The devs have to acknowledge there is a problem with updating credit card for prepaid customers on the website. 

This is the error message I'm getting from the network call HTTP Status 555 - {"errorCode":22009,"errorMessage":"inquireChange credit card   Web Service Failed"}

Please forward this message to someone who can fix this. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 53

Hey @wt0317!

Thanks for posting Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this! 

See you there!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 53