cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Tekovince
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there... I had to get a new Credit Card number a few months ago, and Fido charges me yearly for my phone plan. The charge was supposed to go through last night but it didn't since my old credit card is no longer valid.

So I go to the Manage Credit Card page in my account, enter all of the info for my new credit card, and click Continue.

At this point all I get is a message at the top of the page. 
Oops!
That doesn’t seem to be working.!

Tried different browsers.

Oops!

Tried re-typing in my billing address
Oops!

Re-verified my card number and cvv code at least 10 times
Oops!

Purchased something on eBay with the same credit card
Success!
Tried card on Fido.ca again
Oops!

What isn't working? Is it blocked because the transaction didn't finish processing? Is the website down for maintenance? Is the credit card validation system down? Are the Fido heardquarters being attacked by a giant Stay Puft marshmallow man? Can we get more descriptive error messages?!

75 REPLIES 75

Hey Kazinsky! I'll be happy to help you. Smiley

Just to confirm, did you try using the troubleshooting above?

Let us know.

CommunityUser44
I'm a participant level 1
This is astounding. It's been over a year since this problem was brought to Fido's attention and it's still an issue. My credit card expired, my new card has the same number, and the same name, and yet I still get the error OOPS! That doesn’t seem to be working.! How such a basic feature has been left broken for over year is anyone's guess, but it reflects incredibly poorly on Fido. I've never had such an issue on any other website. Do you not want my money, Fido? Because that's how this makes me feel.

Hey there!

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to learn you've been having issues updating your credit card.  Did you make sure the name and address on the account matched the info on the card?  Also, it seems that other users were able to update their card through the automated system, did you try doing that?

Keep us posted!

i have also bee n having the same issue updating a credit card.  It is incredibly disappointing to see the same cardboard responses from Fido's reps.  Reading through this thread reveals how canned and insincere the responses are.  There is definitely an issue with the most basic level of functionality in their website, but all we get is a "A problem with our website?  That's strange.  Have you tried not using our website?"

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @44444

Were you able to update your info? 

Keep us posted! 

MandP

I am having the same problem (and now is March 2019).

My account page reminds me my card is expiring in 18 days, so I try to update the new expiry date of the renewal card of the same card number (the site does not even ask for card holder's name, just enter the number, exp. date and security code). After confirming "updating payment method" it shows the message of "Oops! We’ve hit a snag. Please check back later" and using the "Try again" button doesn't help.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MandP

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. Can you tell us if you had a chance to try out some of the troubleshooting steps the OP mentioned? 

Do you also get the same error message when you try it from a different browser? If you try to clear your browser's cache and cookies history, does it give you the same error message? You can check out the steps on how to do this here.

Keep us posted. Smiley 

ac131241
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

The bug is still there (and has been there for years!).

And yes this was with a shiny new never used Edge browser so cookies are not the issue.

At least 3-4-2 worked.

walkerwhiskey
I'm a participant level 2

I have the same problem updating my credit card with my prepaid account.  I wonder if there is a $10 charge for calling 

1-888-481-FIDO (3436)  to get the issue fixed.

Hey @walkerwhiskey,

No charges apply if you do it through our IVR system (611). The steps are included in the solution above. You can update your credit card information by pressing options 3 - 4 and then 2. 

Hope this helps, cheers! 

will51

Reading this thread after failing to update my credit card info.  I am totally blown away by the fact that Fido has refused or been unable to do anything about this really simple issue for YEARS.  In the end I had to call 611 and talk to a rep to get the card info updated.  Magnanimously he said he would cancel the $1 extra phone charge ... we'll see about that.

Fido, this is symptomatic of a failing company. I added enough $$ simply to tide me over while I look for another carrier.  I have had enough of being treated like a 2nd-class customer simply because I wanted the prepaid option.  This is not just for the limited features offered online, but for poorer reception (no extended coverage), no ability to use the Fido app, expensive voice options, terrible data rates unless I buy many more GB than I need, etc, etc.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @44444!

This is a feature we want our customers to be able to use and it should definitely work.

Can you give us some more info as to what the exact error is? Also, do the card and account info match as @FidoJulien mentioned above?

Let us know Smiley 

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

goto store that may help, then call 611, good luck

wt0317

I had the same problem as OP last year, I had to call in to update my credit card. I was trying again today and still see the same annoying message "Oops! That doesn't seem to be working.!"

The devs have to acknowledge there is a problem with updating credit card for prepaid customers on the website. 

This is the error message I'm getting from the network call HTTP Status 555 - {"errorCode":22009,"errorMessage":"inquireChange credit card   Web Service Failed"}

Please forward this message to someone who can fix this. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @wt0317!

Thanks for posting Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this! 

See you there!

NewJohnny

I'm encountering the message "We’ve hit a snag. Please check back later." when trying to update the pre-authorized card.

Fido online services have been so bad, for so long, that I just won't bother anymore. I'm cancelling my (monthly) account as of Dec.1/17.

Hey @NewJohnny

We don't want to see you go over this Sad

Have you tried a different browser ?

NewJohnny

Not interested in trying. Ongoing problems for so many years, I'm just going somewhere else. If the Fido web team can't develop for all browsers, then there's a bigger problem here.

@NewJohnny, I'd be sure to pass your feedback along. Do you want me to send you a PM to troubleshoot this? 

KEVINCA

I got the same issue here.

I have tried both of Interac and Credit Cards. Both of them didn't work. And I am very sure my card is okay.

What can I do?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @KEVINCA! Thanks for posting Smiley

For prepaid accounts, the name on your card and billing address must match exactly what we have on file on our end.

Do you know if that's the case?