Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

I'm a Participant Level 3 Tekovince
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Hi there... I had to get a new Credit Card number a few months ago, and Fido charges me yearly for my phone plan. The charge was supposed to go through last night but it didn't since my old credit card is no longer valid.

So I go to the Manage Credit Card page in my account, enter all of the info for my new credit card, and click Continue.

At this point all I get is a message at the top of the page. 
Oops!
That doesn’t seem to be working.!

Tried different browsers.

Oops!

Tried re-typing in my billing address
Oops!

Re-verified my card number and cvv code at least 10 times
Oops!

Purchased something on eBay with the same credit card
Success!
Tried card on Fido.ca again
Oops!

What isn't working? Is it blocked because the transaction didn't finish processing? Is the website down for maintenance? Is the credit card validation system down? Are the Fido heardquarters being attacked by a giant Stay Puft marshmallow man? Can we get more descriptive error messages?!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Hey @Tekovince

That's really odd, I'm not sure what happened with that PM, so sorry about that! 

In the spirit of sharing the full details, you can use our IVR system over the phone to update the credit card information by pressing options 3 - 4 and then 2. 

Thank you for taking the time and sharing these updates with us in regards to the website, I'll make sure it gets forwarded to the right people!  

Can you also let us know if you were already refunded the amounts that were charged at $1 per attempt for this? It should have been an automatic refund that you could check in your pending transactions. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 48
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @44444

Were you able to update your info? 

Keep us posted! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 1 MandP
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the same problem (and now is March 2019).

My account page reminds me my card is expiring in 18 days, so I try to update the new expiry date of the renewal card of the same card number (the site does not even ask for card holder's name, just enter the number, exp. date and security code). After confirming "updating payment method" it shows the message of "Oops! We’ve hit a snag. Please check back later" and using the "Try again" button doesn't help.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 48
Highlighted

Hey @MandP

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. Can you tell us if you had a chance to try out some of the troubleshooting steps the OP mentioned? 

Do you also get the same error message when you try it from a different browser? If you try clear your browser's cache and cookie history, does it give you the same error message? You can check out the steps on how to do this here.

Keep us posted. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 48