cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase data pass

lily002672
I'm a participant level 3

I have a text & call plan and I need to buy the data pass. But when I tap the link www.fido.mobi/data through my phone the browser shows

"HTTP Status 404-/data

type Status report

message/data

description The requested resource (/data) is not available"

My cell phone is iphone se (unclock) and my cellular data is turning on. I taped the url when my phone was connected to wifi. If I need to turn the wifi off, I couldn't get access to any website at all cause there is no data in my phone plan.

Who can help me??

94 REPLIES 94

Thank you for the updates @jwaldr1,

In your case, can you confirm if you had a chance to give it a try with the Wi-Fi disabled? 

You mentioned it worked for you last week a little higher in this thread, can you tell us if you had your WiFi enabled or disabled at that time as well please? 

jwaldr1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi @FidoPierre,

Yes, the Wifi was disabled when I tried it this morning and when it wasn't working last week... (I had also tried with wifi).

Thanks for your attention to this issue!

It definitely shouldn't be the case. I'll send you a PM here so we can take a look at your account and see if there is something there that would prevent you from being able to add the data pass. 

Chat soon! 

jwaldr1

Hello,

I tried again this morning and it still isn't working... Please let me know when the service will be restored.

Thanks!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @jwaldr1!

Keep in mind that the data in your phone settings does have to be activated. Is that the case?

I'll also send you a PM so we can take a closer look, see you there Smiley

roysong

i have been having the exact same issue for several days. I've buying data pass for 1.5 years. 20 minutes ago, I just had a live chat with Fido. My account was reset and iphone was restarted. Still no luck. At the end, I was suggested to come here. Now I see this is still a problem.

roysong

Several hours after I posted here, I tried again and it worked! So it is not a permanent thing, but you need several days to wait? I don't know. I hope FIDO can fix it before I buy it next month.

roysong

After one month, same thing happens! Please Fido, FIX IT!

bb16
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I'm having the same issue.

iPhone SE from FIDO, Talk and Text plan. Cellular data is ON (for MMS). With WiFi turned Off, Safari hangs for a minute and then says "Server stopped responding". With WiFi On, just says "WiFi detected, can't authenticate". Have tried few times over the last couple days. Have tried both by sending an SMS to 3282 and by opening a random web page.

Appreciate some help.

Thanks!

jwaldr1

Hello,

I’ve noticed that sometimes it works and a lot of the time it doesn’t (like now for intance). I hope Fido figures out the problem soon...

Hey @roysong!

First off, welcome to the community. Smiley

I am sending you a PM right now so we can further look into this together.