cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetUp Fee not waived and Double Charged for service | 4GB Data Only Plan

Dav0
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Dear Fido support, hope you are all keeping well.

I signed up for a new line for the 4GB Data Only Plan (on December 24, 2020) and I have a screenshot of it showing that my monthly bill would be $11.30 (tax incl.) and that the Setup Service Fee was waived.

I ordered the Data Plan online and the SIM to be shipped to me, and I Activated it myself when I received the SIM in the mail.

I did not go to a store to activate.

However, my bill received today (January 28, 2020) says that I owe $72.73.

Please can someone assist with rectifying this for me.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshots:

What was promised when ordering:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 5.49.42 PM.png

The bill I received today:Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 11.52.20 PM.png

2nd charge for data plan plus the setup fee:

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 11.58.40 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dav0,

Welcome to the community!

Do you also have another post-paid plan with Fido? As far as I am aware, that plan is the Tablet plan. If you don't have another Fido mobile plan, I'm not sure how you were able to get that plan as it's for eligible post-paid customers only. While you might have been mistakenly charged set-up fees, you were also mistakenly allowed to get that plan (assuming you don't have another post-paid plan). The system incorrectly offered that plan as a standalone data-only option around the time you signed-up for that plan (see here).

If you would like to discuss your options, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

**edit** With regards to the double charge, the $10 charge would be for the upcoming month. The $9.36 would have been for the December 27 to January 24 period. Every billing cycle includes monthly plan charges for the upcoming month plus any overages or additional charges from the previous month. The prorated charges for your previous month ($9.36) would have been included as additional charges.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers