cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up service fee

Arvalledor
I'm a participant level 2

The website says "pay no setup service fee when you activate any device online", I purchased a byop plan, and got charged with the set up service fee. Will i get that service fee refunded once i actually acitvated the sim in my phone?

29 REPLIES 29

Hey @yriyadh! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

The $50 fee is a standard charge for activations or hardware upgrades. Normally, this charge is waived when performing these actions online through our website, but it's not possible to do this with an existing tablet plan online at this time.

That said, we'll be happy to see what we can do for you if you're interested in a new tablet. You can contact us here and we'll be happy to review the situation with you.

FidoKenny

Hello @Arvalledor and welcome to the Community.

How did you activate your plan? Did you contact the customer service or activated at one of our stores?

If so, this would be the reason why you were charged the setup fee.

Let us know. 

Ghad
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, can I ask you about my first bill. I went to best buy last Dec. 26 and I got the mobile plan and I am surprise to my first bill, I am charged to setup service fee 50$.  is it right?

Hello Ghad,

Welcome to the community!

Generally, only purchases made on Fido.ca by ourselves have the set-up fee waived. If the purchase was made with customer assistance (ie Live Chat, in-store, etc), the set-up fee would apply. Purchases made through third-party retailers would also be considered with customer assistance and charged the set-up fee.

That said, there may be in-store promotions available to waive those set-up fees. However, those promotions may be specific to the particular store or location. If that Best Buy was advertising there were no set-up fees, you would need to return to that Best Buy to have them sort it out. It's possible they did not enter the proper code to waive those fees. On the other hand, if there was no promotion to waive those fees, the set-up fee would typically apply.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Arvalledor

I purchased the plan, received the sim card but have not used it yet as my phone hasnt arrived. How should i activate to ensure the set up fee is waived?

Hi @Arvalledor Smiley

The plan needs to be purchased directly on Fido.ca for the set-up fee to be waived.

Contacting customer service to do the activation or going in store automatically triggers the fee!

RiteshPoddar
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Then why don't your executive say this when they beg and sell their sims. Company policy to make profits and loot customers?

Arvalledor

I did purchase from fido.ca but still got charged 😐

Thanks for confirming @Arvalledor!

That doesn't sound right. Please reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to look into it Smiley