cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers/phishing texts

LGV
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

902-754-0980 is texting this link http://37.120.239.233 as "FIDO-INC" to Fido cell phone customers to scam them into thinking that they have a credit of $135.60 on their Fido cell phone bill, and getting them to
click their link to a phishing site where they steal people's information.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello LGV,

Thanks for the information! You're right, those messages are most definitely SPAM. The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

A couple of tell-tale signs the the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't send etransfers via email or text message link. If you are indeed overcharged, Fido will simply credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

CHERRIES55
I'm a participant level 3

I did call fido about these messages I was getting, I did block them but they just come back with another number 

CHERRIES55

Too late i been scam out of $500 

CHERRIES55

I call fido about this scam on my phone three times and they did nothing about it up until I get scared them they cut my phone off