Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed or hacked with phone upgrade

harmanjot9kaur
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi All,

So on 14th March, someone actually logged in to my account (I guess) and upgraded my existing plan and ordered an iphone 13 pro max for no reason. I already have an S21 with Fido which is under a contract then why would I upgrade my phone? The lack of security at Fido and no MFA is a big concern for me to stay with them, I cannot risk my account's security.

This is just part 1, the next part is I am getting subscription bombed with 1000's of emails per hour. Mostly these sites are those that don't require captcha verification and the hacker/prick wants to hide the order that is placed in between these mails. I am won't be able to use my email anymore. Who is responsible for this lack of usability for my email that I have been using for 15 years now.

Can Fido fix this and restore my plan back to what it was? My account is still showing the upgraded plan plus Iphone 13 pro max. Moreover, I have told Fedex that this is a scam and they have taken the product back.
I can provide the case number for this and Fedex Tracking numbers to the respective member of support person whosoever is in need.

Please suggest the next steps in this particular case.

2 REPLIES 2

Highdream
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,how did u resolve this?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @harmanjot9kaur,

The first thing you should do is change the password to your Fido account and your e-mail.

Then call customer service and let them know what happened and they will refer your account to Fido's fraud team and they will takecare of the issue