cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by FIDO Winback team

salman96422
I'm a contributor level 1

I was with fido until December 26th 2021.On Boxing day I decided to move onto bell as they gave me an Iphone 13 128gb. Now the next day I got a call from the winback team of fido. They told me that they would give me the same phone for 30$/month 0 down payment for 24 months + mobile plan 35$/month 12gb data and 1000mins calling to India and 300$ credit into my account. They almost talked to me for a week to convince me. Eventually I went onto return the phone to bell within 8 days of buying.The next day I got call from Winback team stating that this is no longer available and you will be getting phone plans which are the same as for other people i.e 335$ down payment and 33.34$/month for 24 months for Iphone 13 128gb.Now I am hanging  in between without a phone and have to pay 55$ for 12gb with bell by the end of this month.

12 REPLIES 12

salman96422

I am in a dire situation as now I do not have a phone.I have been using Nokia 6 since 4 years and it keeps on hanging alot.I need a phone urgently!!!

Hey @salman9642, Alex here and I'll be happy to help. 

Thank you for the details, that will help! From the details you have provided, it sounds like the offer you were given the first time our winback team contacted you has expired. That does happen and it's actually not out of the ordinary as our offers change quite frequently, but you certainly should be able to get an offer that you accepted. 

You mentioned in your original post that "Eventually I went onto return the phone to bell within 8 days of buying." Just to clarify, is that something that the winback agent advised you to do and did you do that after accepting the offer that they gave you? If that's the case, it should be noted in your account that you accepted the offer and what the next steps would be. In that case, we should be able to honour this deal.

Like my colleague Saad said previously, you can reach out to us through any of these channels and we'll be able to look closely into what might have happened. đź‘Ť

salman96422

Hey @FidoAlex thanks for following up

Actually I had accepted the offer on call and on the same day I went onto return the phone to bell.She had even called me to confirm if I had returned the phone or not while I was at the bell store.I got a call from her(FIDO Winback team ,Ravejolt) and I told her that I had just reached the bell store.She told me that within 15 minutes her shift is going to end as she works in Quebec and her clock is 2 hrs ahead and that would wait and give a callback once I do a return with bell.But it took me atleast 1 hr for the phone return because of some technical issues.So after about 10-12 mins she called me back and I explained her that the phone was not returned yet and would take atleast 20 mins and so both of us decided to process the Iphone 13 128gb phone the next day.She told me she would give me a callback after 7:20 am.From here you know what happened.While on call before starting the conversation she told me that the call was recorded and stuff like that.If the calls are recorded then you would have a recording where I am literally saying this "Ma'am I accept your offer but I am saying one thing is it confrimed that I will get the phone because once I return the phone I don't want to hang in between".She told me nothing that sort of is going to happen and the phone is confirmed from fido.

Hey there @salman96422

Have you got the chance to reach one of our rep through our available servicing channels just yet? If yes, can you please give us an update?

Thanks!

salman96422

Yesterday I got a callback from winback team.He told me nothing can be done now.I told him to escalate the problem to higher officials and tell them to listen to the call recordings on jan4th when i returned the phone to bell.But he insisted that even the higher officials  wont do anything on this.

salman96422

Now should I just keep blogging like this and chatting with y'all or there is a solution to this?

We'll send you a PM here so we can take a look at that together and get it sorted out. Chat with you soon!

salman96422

If this is not resolved I will have to take a legal action as this comes under deceptive practices

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @salman96422,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Sorry to hear about your recent experience, and I can assure you that this is not the kind of service that we'd want you to have..

You've mentioned in your post that

The next day I got call from Winback team stating that this is no longer available and you will be getting phone plans which are the same as for other people i.e 335$ down payment and 33.34$/month for 24 months for Iphone 13 128gb.Now I am hanging  in between without a phone and have to pay 55$ for 12gb with bell by the end of this month.

To clarify, the accepted offer that you originally received would be documented on your account and our team should be able to review your options. Just to confirm though, have you also had the chance to speak with our agents to follow up on the original offer?

If not, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

salman96422

I was not able to contact them directly so I requested a callback through the customer service thrice and got a callback after 3-4 days but then the person was not the same.Someone else called me up and again told me the same thing that I would not get all what I had been promised for.

salman96422

Now, yesterday I got a call from the Office of the President FIDO.He told me that he couldn't help me and that just accepting the offer on phone is not enough for the Iphone 13 128gb device confirmation and that I should have done the with the porting and stuff also on the same call.Next, he was saying that he couldnt give me the same offer but give me credit of 35$ for just a month on my monthly call plan with fido.Also once the offer is gone it cant be offered to you as well. This was a horrible experience talking with this man and I wouldnt recommend anyone to opt for FIDO services because of their deceptive practices.

Hey @salman96422 !

I'm sorry to hear that, as we're always looking to offer you the best possible deals while being transparent in our conversations.

If you'd like us to look into it further and/or forward your feedback about this recent experience, we can certainly do so.
Just reply to our last PM whenever is convenient for you. Smiley