cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude Customer Service agent

dreamarup
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi Everyone! Today is July/13/2023, I called Fido about the US-Canada calling plan which is offered at Costco Wireless, but it is not advertised on the  Fido website. The guy was very rude and was also telling me that we don't know anything about it.  I called back again to talk to someone higher up just to report and the 2nd person was even worse. He was mentioning me that Fido cannot have losses by offering me a $50 US- CANADA Plan. This is an active plan now in the market. This same plan was offered to me by another Fido customer service agent a few weeks ago when I called and I didn't take it as I have to pay separately for international calling. I have international calls to 8 countries included with the plan. I have been using Fido services since 2008. Once I ported my phone no out to another provider and they called me back to match the plan with a bit more data, so I came back to Fido. At this point, I am quitting Fido services just for this kind of agent. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dreamarup,

Sorry to hear about the apparent treatment you received when you called about that plan.

@dreamarup wrote:

....This is an active plan now in the market. ....

While that plan might be active, it is not available in all markets. Initially, it was only available to customers in Québec. In fact, it is still on the Québec plan offerings (limited time only and available for new activations only). Apparently, the offer might have been extended to customers with an Ottawa area code (see here). According to that article, you would require a hardware upgrade since you already have Fido services. If that is the case, it would not be on the Ontario plan offerings as it does not extend to all of the Province.

If you don't live in Québec or the Ottawa region, I can't speak as to why you might have been previously offered that plan.

I understand you had previously received assistance through the forums. While there may be some moderators still willing to assist via PM, you should note this forum is community-driven and no longer intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like assistance with the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

dreamarup

Thank you for the response Cawtau! I live in Ottawa n have two no starting with 613