cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback option does not work

cheridin
I'm a participant level 3

I have been a Fido customer for 14 years and I am shocked to learn that I can no longer speak to a customer service rep live on the phone. The chat function is incredibly time consuming and they seem like bots and not real people. I have a similar issue to another frustrated customer who has tried to request a callback multiple times yet the phone never rings - despite holding the phone, staring at it, and waiting for the call - and a voicemail suddenly appears. And the call also does not show up on my recent calls list. I have never experienced this before. It is quite bizarre. I have asked the chat customer service rep to direct me to tech support or a supervisor and they say they cannot help with that. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have great offers from other cellular companies through my workplace so I may have to finally make the switch. 

12 REPLIES 12

Na10
I'm a contributor level 2

I had the same frustrating experience today as I tried to press different options from customer care, to billing, etc. and each time I only had the option of a chat and scheduling a call back. The first available call back was an hour and a half from the time I called for people who are not able to type in a chat and cannot schedule a call back and take the time to call at a certain time because they are available to speak to someone, this goes against all the positive customer service that Fido used to be known for. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @cheridin,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure why you are experiencing that problem as I've always been able to speak to someone on the phone and when presented with the callback option it has always worked, you can also try messaging them over social media and see if that helps.

cheridin

The link you provided just goes to their chat function, not sure what you mean by social media? This is a problem reported by others as well. My sense is Fido is funneling people to use chat only. It seems speaking to someone on the phone is no longer an option. I have asked the people (or the bots) on chat to direct me to tech support to help with the callback feature but no one seems to be able to connect me with anyone.

Gottabmxd26
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
  • You are 100% right.  I have tried every single way to reach a human being and every single time I am directed back to that good old ask jack and  the chat feature. When you request a callback you are repeatedly told there are no call back times available.  Every.Single.Time

Hello again @cheridin,

The link I provided if read carefully provides all the methods to contact customer service other than live chat it has the info to contact them on social media meaning chatting with them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 

Speaking from experience I've never had any issues contacting them on the phone and speaking with someone.

Na10

Please read my response above, it was such a frustrating experience today! When I finally called and said I wanted to cancel, that's the only way I could speak to someone and I told them how frustrating it was and he told me that that's the way it is going

Hey @Na10,

That's definitely not how we want you to feel. Moving forward, feel free to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. Our social media team will be happy to help you!

Your social media team will help him....with WHAT?!  

Hey @Gottabmxd26, Alex here! 

We offer regular customer service on our social media platforms, it's just like when you call us or when you chat with us on our website. So whatever it is you need help with, we'll be able to help you just as well on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. 

cheridin

I see now, I had to close the chat box first. Thanks for clarifying. I have never had issues before either until this past week. It is the first time I encountered the callback feature. As I said, I have read other posts and I know others have experienced a similar problem. In fact the callback bot continues to send voicemail messages to my voicemail. It seems it is stuck on some type of automatic callback function. It is very strange; have never experienced anything like this before. Lucky for you it continues to work. 

Hello, again @cheridin,

By any chance do you have the fido number blocked or is your device detecting it as spam and blocking the calls? You can check your block list on the device you are using just to make sure.

cheridin

Hmmm, interesting. I will check this out. Thanks for the suggestion.