Roaming Charged

I'm a Participant Level 1 ggangwoo
I'm a Participant Level 1

Roaming Charged

Hi community,

I went to Mexico on 15th June and got an automatic roaming massage.

I didn't want the service, so I turned on the airplane mode.

But $12 charged on my bill!

I read postings that apps automatically use data in short time.

Does anyone get fee waived for this kind of situation?

$12 isn't a lot of money, but I didn't want the service.

Accepted Solution

Re: Roaming Charged

Hey @ggangwoo

Fido Roam is automatically offered on all of our postpaid plans, but we do offer the possibility to disable it as well. You simply need to contact us in order to do that though.

That said, I definitely understand that getting an unexpected charge can be unpleasant no matter how big or small it is.

To clarify, upon your arrival in a covered destination, we notify you via text message about the charges of using Fido Roam. The message you receive does not count as roaming, therefore it is not something you would be charged for. Rest assured though we only bill you for a legitimate usage.

The fee is only triggered if there is an outgoing usage that we detect through your Fido SIM card. The following usages would trigger the fee:

• Outgoing SMS/MMS
  • Calls (making a call, responding to a call)
  • Using data on apps
  • Retrieving voicemails

If you haven't made any such usage, you can reach us to through these channels and we can double-check your invoice. We can also send you a PM here if you like that. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Roaming Charged

Hey @ggangwoo

Fido Roam is automatically offered on all of our postpaid plans, but we do offer the possibility to disable it as well. You simply need to contact us in order to do that though.

That said, I definitely understand that getting an unexpected charge can be unpleasant no matter how big or small it is.

To clarify, upon your arrival in a covered destination, we notify you via text message about the charges of using Fido Roam. The message you receive does not count as roaming, therefore it is not something you would be charged for. Rest assured though we only bill you for a legitimate usage.

The fee is only triggered if there is an outgoing usage that we detect through your Fido SIM card. The following usages would trigger the fee:

• Outgoing SMS/MMS
  • Calls (making a call, responding to a call)
  • Using data on apps
  • Retrieving voicemails

If you haven't made any such usage, you can reach us to through these channels and we can double-check your invoice. We can also send you a PM here if you like that. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2