cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register two separate My accounts for Home Internet and Mobile?

zunaid
I'm a contributor level 1

Do I need Register and create two separate My accounts for Home Internet and Mobile phone service? I have Fido Home Internet service for 3 Years, I use Online account for view and pay bills for that. Two days ago I bought Fido cell phone service. Now do I need to register another account for this cell phone service? I looked for option in my current My Account to add this phone account for viewing bills but I couldn't find it. I don't want home internet and phone bills to be merged, I just want them to show under one My Account.

8 REPLIES 8

PT9007
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Good-day,

I am having the same issue. I have both Fido cellular [mobile] service and Fido home internet. My email is associated with the cellular service, but I cannot see my home internet service account anywhere. The portal tells me that I am using a 'subscriber account' instead of 'Account holder'... and to be brutally honest, that is just ridiculous because I am the only person using the services. I see no way to link the two accounts.

When I try to register for a new 'My Account' using the home internet account number and my postal code, I get an error message indicating that the account is already associated! Really bad design by your IT personnel / database admin if I'm being honest. Understand that when I log-in to My Account, I can see the cellular service account number and details... but nothing else. I need to be able to see both my services. If a separate username needs to be created, using a different email address, then so be it but that should not be necessary, right?

Therefore, please indicate the steps that I must undertake so that I may see both my accounts [cellular & home internet] and do important things, like pay my bills, change services, etc. If said steps cannot be posted publicly for some reason, then feel free to PM me the steps.

Thank you for your guidance Happy

Hello PT9007,

Welcome to the community!

I think you should be able to have both internet and cellular services accessible on the one email access. I understand you might be the only one using the services. It's possible that you selected subscriber rather than account holder when you registered for My Account. You would need to contact customer service to change your account status. The change in status should allow your My Account to show both internet and cellular services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

zunaid

@FidoNick Thank you very much for your help. It worked.

FidoKenny

Hey @zunaid

When you are using your email address as a username, you shouldn't have to register again on My Account to see your phone line's information.

All the accounts related to your email wouls show up on screen.

Are you using your email as a username right now?

zunaid

Hi, 

I haven't yet signed up yet for my mobile account. But for my Home internet account I use my email address as username. Should I use the same email as username to sign up for the new mobile account?

Hey @zunaid

You should use your email as a username which links your accounts together.

Can you try that and let us know how it goes?

zunaid

Hi @fidob ,

I tried to register for my phone account with the same email address I used for my Home acocunt, but it's giving me this error, it's not allowing me. 

***removed picture due to personal information***

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @zunaid!

They should technically be linked by default if you use e-mail login as an account holder.

I'll send you a PM so we can figure out what's going on Smiley

See ya there!