cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received 'SIM Card is now Active' email, but no tracking number

OuO
I'm a participant level 2

Received 'SIM Card is now Active' email, but no tracking number or shipping confirmation email

I purchased my SIM card last night and I got the email confirming the account was active this morning. It outlined what I would be paying, which is always appreciated, but my issues are:

a) it listed a 'One Time Fees and Credits: $45 (Set Up Service Fee)' and

b) there was no confirmation on shipping, and no tracking number.

I ordered my item online under the explicit understanding that the service fee would not be charged- has my item been redirected to a store for pickup? Is that why there's a charge of $45 listed in the email I was sent? Or was the service fee simply part of the email's basic format and therefore negligible to my situation, and is my SIM card still being shipped to me but just not yet in the system?

I would greatly appreciate any clarity you could provide!

4 REPLIES 4

OuO

I purchased the SIM Card online, and read that due to the promotion (purchase a product online and have the service fee waived), the SIM card was already activated before being couriered to me
I have recieved the SIM card now, but the SIM card isn't being read by the phone.
Do you happen to know if I would have to pay the service fee if I go into a store?

Hi there @OuO !

@Cawtau is absolutely right. Smiley

To answer your last question, if you're activating a brand new service in store (such as a new line or a phone upgrade), the set-up fee would indeed apply.

Hello OuO,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, did you purchase a plan with that SIM card? Do you already have a plan and you're replacing your old SIM?

If you purchased a plan, the SIM would have already been activated for use with that plan. On the other hand, if you just purchased a SIM card on its own, it would not have yet been associated with any account or services. If you are trying to replace your old SIM, you can update your SIM via My Account --> Profile & Settings --> Usage & Settings --> Mobile --> Quick Actions (near bottom of page) --> Update SIM card.

If you have lost your old SIM, you would need to contact customer service so they can update it for you. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @OuO

Welcome to the Community Smiley

The shipment confirmation email is sent after the confirmation email. As for the transaction fee, in order to make sure you're not charged for it, we'd need to know where the service was activated. Can you please confirm that?