Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid/auto-top-up problems

VeryFrustrated
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

Although I'm on a text-and-talk prepaid plan ($12 for 50 texts and 50 minutes, both local), all my calls and outgoing texts are being charged at the pay-per-use rate ($0.60 per min or text), regardless of whether I'm over or under the monthly limit (I'm always under - very much so).  An 8 min call to a city council service several days ago cost me $5.60 - this was practically the only call I made since I last topped up my account.

Automatic payment settings are also not working for me.  In my account settings I've selected a monthly auto-top-up ($12), plus as a back-up measure a $10 top-up when balance is less than $1.  However, I usually get a Fido text notifying me of low balance every 3 weeks or so, thus I call *28 to top up 'with my recurring price plan amount + $5 = $17 + tax'.  This transaction goes through using the credit card number that is registered to my account, which shows the card number isn't an issue.   Since my bank account has no record of any monthly $12 Fido auto-payment, and I have to manually top up when my balance is low, it appears that neither of these two automatic settings are working. 

Moreover, despite manually paying my monthly plan amount at a greater-than-monthly frequency, my usage/transaction history indicates that my plan simply isn't in effect at any point in time and I'm stuck with the pay-per-use rate.  Please clarify what's happening.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoVanessa

Hey @VeryFrustrated!

Prepaid customers had a pay-per-use rate increase to $0.60 on Canada-wide calling and international SMS when going beyond their plan allowance in October. However, it shouldn't affect your included minutes or text messages. Can you clarify when this started? Was it since the increase?

As for your automatic payments, did you try to unsubscribe to the auto refill and subscribe back, either from your online account or from the IVR? 

VeryFrustrated

Hi Vanessa,

I get charged at the pay-per-use rate for every single text or call I make.  It's as though I don't even have a plan.

I'm not sure when exactly it started, but I'm pretty sure it's been going on for the better part of a year. Could it instead be related to the fact that my prepaid plan ($12/month) isn't listed on the main Fido website anymore?

I'll try unsubscribing and re-subscribing from auto-top-up online to see if it solves that part of the problem.

Hey @VeryFrustrated! Philippe here. I hope you're feeling well. Smiley

In order to see what's going on with your plan, you'll need to contact us for support, so we can check-out your account. You can do that here or request a PM from the community for assistance. We can also double check your pre-authorized payments setup as well.

VeryFrustrated

Hi @FidoPhilippe,

I would like a PM from the community for assistance (not sure exactly what you mean by this, but I dislike IVRs and would rather communicate here).

Very good @VeryFrustrated! I'll send you a private message shortly. Smiley