cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid account information

kychat231
I'm a participant level 2

I was signing into my fido account on-line and find out unable to view my account information any more?  I call customer service he told me all the prepaid customer unable to see account details on-line anymore, you have to call or go the the stores for all your transactions. I have been on the prepaid plan for over 17 years! very upsad for the changes.

8 REPLIES 8

sleepydex1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

If I didn't know any better, it would appear that Fido wants to lose its prepaid user base?  They continue to strip away services and make things even more difficult for us...($150 balance cap, forced out of old plans, no more data pass and now no access to our accounts online or online support?).  I'm in the process of looking elsewhere at this point.  After 25 years, it looks like I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Hey @sleepydex1! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Thank you very much for being with us for all those years. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by these changes. That said, we'll be happy to go over your options, if you wish. You can contact us here for that or request a PM from the community.

bytheminuteplan
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

They don't want us to keep our account with that less payment ,  keep limited the services ------- "by the minute plan" gone,  "data pass" gone and now "online support service" gone ,  what's next ?

kychat231

I have the same thought, Fido do not want prepaid customer,  we have to switch over to the monthly plan instead.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi kychat231!

There always a solution, do you know Fido offer greats monthly plan for low budget! If fido plans is not the price you look for, there chatr company, it's a company from Rogers operating on the same network. But chatr is 3G, Fido is LTE, and Rogers is 5G.

Have a nice day Smiley

Hello Khouya,

@khouya wrote:

...it's a company from Rogers operating on the same network. But chatr is 3G, Fido is LTE, and Rogers is 5G...

While it is true they all operate on the same networks, you should note that Chatr customers do have access to the LTE networks, albeit at 3G speeds. It should also be mentioned that Fido's Basic plans are also at 3G speeds. All three providers would have access to the 2G (if still available),  '3G', and LTE networks, though some providers and/or plans may only provide data at reduced speeds.

While Rogers is the only provider currently with access to the 5G networks, it should be noted that some older Rogers plans may not be compatible with access to the 5G network.

There are also other differences between the companies. For example, Chatr only offers pre-paid plans while both Fido and Rogers offer pre-paid and post-paid monthly plans.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaira

Hello @kychat231,

Thank you for your many years with us, it means a lot to us. That said, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. 

You can still use the interactive voice response service or call us should you need help with your account.

Charles81

This is a big problem for me too. I don't know what prompted them to drop online services for prepaid plans, but I will be looking for a new mobile carrier. It's very important to be able do basic tasks like looking at your transaction history and remaining cash balance. I've been a Fido customer for about 10 years.