cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a phone line to another carrier from account with two lines

Viridian08
I'm a participant level 2

I currently have two lines under my account. However, if an external phone carrier (Rogers or non-Rogers) ports one number out with the other number still being with Fido, will my account close abruptly? Or will I still have my Fido account in place with the other number that would stay with Fido?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Viridian08 , if you port your number out you will receive a text for you to confirm that you want that to happen. You must reply within the time limit stated in the text. As far as the other line, it should not be affected, unless the ported number is the main line on your account. You may get a call to confirm. I hope that helps you

Viridian08

Yeah so the concern is that the number I want to port is the number I had first on my Fido account before the other number (that I want to keep with Fido) was transferred from my parent's account to the account I have right now. Will I need to do something to prevent losing that Fido number?

(both lines are mobile phone numbers; and this would not happen around this time; I just need some advice to make an informed decision)

Hello Viridian08,

Welcome to the community!

If both numbers are in your account, I don't think you would lose that number if you ported the other number out. Assuming you had transferred the responsibility from your parents' account to your account, you would still be responsible for that line even if the other one was ported out.

That said, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider contacting customer service. They might be able to provide a more definitive answer. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers