cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Galaxy S7 phone

wiki123
I'm a participant level 2

Just got off the life chat with fido. After many transfering, rogers said the IMEI of the phone is not assosiated with Fido or Rogers.

Its registered in my account. What the hell?

I need to unlock this phone asap

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Wiki123,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your phone might be registered to your account if you have been using it with Fido. However, had you purchased the device from Fido? If it was purchased from Fido, did you purchase a new device or previously owned? If you hadn't purchased the device from Fido or you had purchased a previously owned device, it may not have originally been a Fido or Rogers device.

From what you note, it appears as though the device is not a Fido or Rogers device. You can check the original carrier for the device using the device's IMEI. There are online sites, such as IMEI.info, which provide the information designated by the IMEI number.

Unfortunately, if the device is not a Fido/Rogers device, they will not be able to unlock the device for you. You would either need to contact the original carrier to have the device unlocked or avail of third party services to unlock it.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

wiki123

I was purchsed at a Fido store!  I don't know if it was previously owend or not. 

The link you sent requires to pay for the imei info... 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Apologies for providing that IMEI information link which required payment. The site claimed to be free. There are other similar IMEI checker sites online.

Why do you believe your phone is locked? Have you tried to use a SIM card from a different provider in that device? If Fido has informed you that the IMEI does not belong to a Fido/Rogers device, that would seem to suggest the device is already unlocked if you are using it with Fido.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider re-contacting customer service. If they verify the device is not a Fido/Rogers device, you might enquire the original provider. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers