cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service.

Tyler15
I'm a participant level 3

I have been a long time Fido customer. I even left for Telus once and came back but their customer service is horrendous. I used their lackluster "Ask Jack" platform and had a terrible experience. Once I connected with an actual agent, after all the prompts, it still took over an hour and a half to resolve my simple issues. I had two reasons for contacting Fido: cancel Fido Roams and unlock my account. I had entered my password incorrectly a few times and got locked out. The agent on the platform left me waiting for an hour to resolve the first issue (Fido Roams) and then when I asked about the second issue I was given copy and pasted instructions on how to REGISTER my account. My account was clearly already registered. When I called Fido to complain about my experience they said there was nothing they could do and apologized for my experience. Then they offered me a preexisting phone plan that was being offered regardless of my calling in to complain. So they offered nothing but a useless apology. Thanks for wasting my time Fido and reminding me why I left the first time.
Side note: If a Fido agent responds to these comments please do not recommend contacting you through social media. I do not have any. Also what is the point of saying that you will email the "Ask Jack" transcript and then never do it. It has been 2 weeks and still no transcript.

10 REPLIES 10

Sagun
I'm a participant level 2

I have been encoutoured with agent who given me false information and did changes in my account , not solved my problem rather added more issue. This is Fido and it's customer service. Now I am looking to make a formal complain to Fido regarding its customer service. Please help to get the info where to do it.

Fidolies2023

Unfortunately, that seems to be a norm with Fido. Dishonest agent are probably main characteristic of Fido "customer service" I was also promised something that agent had no intention of fullfilling. He did not document it and nobody care to listen to audio to correct the issue. My advice, switch to other carrier as soon as possible. 

Hell @Fidolies2023 

Sorry to learn that you feel that way. We do believe in providing the best experience to our customers and we do appreciate your feedback.

If there's anything unresolved with your account please make sure to contact our customer service. You can find all the ways to reach our team here.

NoCrap

Exactly. House of horrors!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tyler15,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience with customer services. I understand you do not wish to be recommended to contact social media. However, you should note that the forums are community-driven and are not intended as a venue for customer services. We wouldn't be able to look into your situation. While there may be some moderators still willing to provide assistance via PM, you will likely need to re-contact customer service

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Tyler15

I appreciate your response but your advice is to call and waste more of my time? I called before and they did nothing. Fido is a joke.

Sagun

Hi Tyler,

I think I am in the wrong spot to get help, I read you problem and read the answer by this gentleman Senior MVP  Cawtau. Seriously, you Fido guys!!! You guys are here just to give automated answers to reply to all fido customer problems.  Even Tyler already said you guys wasted his time and you guys still asking him to call you guys and waste his time.  
This fido customer service is just there to do nothing to solve the issues.. Fido should really take action to better it but I don't think they can do it until these kind of people are there in as Costumer service agent.

Hello Sagun,

I'm sorry you didn't find my reply to the OP's post useful. However, as mentioned in my reply above, the forums are community-criven and not intended as a venue for customer services. I understand that might seem like an automated response. Nevertheles, many of us do not work for Fido. We are merely Fido patrons wanting to help out our fellow customers.

If there are general questions or queries, we may be able to provide assistance or answers. On the other hand, if the issues are related to one's account or more specific to a particular situation they might have encountered, those discussions require customer service to address the issue.

So these kind of people are Fido clientele , not customer service. If you require customer service, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. If your issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you would need to escalate the matter (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobFob
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Okay, so I just joined the forums to see if there is any way to complain to Fido and it is apparent there is not.  Now, of course, I wish I hadn't joined.  I chatted a question yesterday, got an 'answer' that contained words like, revent and cx, and was incomprehensible.  My question was not answered and I did request a transcript to see if I could fathom what was being said.  I got an email saying here's your transcript and it was blank.  I went to that contact page and got another unsatisfactory chat.  I do not see any method to point out to Fido that they are not delivering in the area of customer service and that their chat service is no service at all.

Hey @BobFob ,

I'm sorry to learn about your last experience with our customer care team over live chat. That is definitely not the kind of support we aim to offer. 

That said, as @Cawtau said, the community is for peer to peer support. For direct support from Fido it is best to reach us via our support channels all listed here. We have way more than just live chat! 😊 

You can also share the details from your live chat experience with our care team and they'll be sure to take in any feedback and assist with any unresolved concerns.