cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ombudsman

aarinsmith
I'm a participant level 2

I've been trying to get in contact with ANYONE who can help me resolve an issue and have just been redirected around with NO help. I'm trying to get in contact with an ombudsman or someone to escalate this issue and file a formal complaint. I 've been with Fido for years and have never had such a massive problem trying to get an issue resolved. The customer service has gone so downhill. Has anyone else been having these issues? can someone point me in the direction of someone who can do something?

10 REPLIES 10

Rtgvnn
I'm a participant level 1

I've been trying to get in contact with ANYONE who can help me resolve an issue and have just been redirected around with NO help. I'm trying to get in contact with an ombudsman or someone to escalate this issue and file a formal complaint. I 've been with Fido for years and have never had such a massive problem trying to get an issue resolved. The customer service has gone so downhill. Has anyone else been having these issues? can someone point me in the direction of someone who can do something?

Hello Rtgvnn,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have been unable to resolve your issue. However, as already noted in this thread, you will only be referred to the Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). You should also note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

You might also refer here for steps to Resolve a Concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

comcomtech
Tue, Nov 22 at 7:40 AM

To: CCTS (Complaints)

On May 22, 2020, FIDO Customer Service representative Iranpreet promised me a FIDO credit for "24 months" of service during a chat session:

"09:26 Iranpreet
I just applied the 100% off for 24months
on the both lines and you will get an email
confirmation as well in few hours
reagarding the changes made in the
account.

"09:26 Josh Wallace
Thank you so much! Have a great
evening!"

Iranpreet gave me this credit because I had previously cancelled my Fido service and yet Fido was still billing me for it.

I contacted Fido and spoke with its representative Iranpreet on May 22, 2020 to ensure that my account was in fact closed and to receive credit for the amounts billed since the account closure date. I became aware that the account was not closed as I had previously requested with Customer Service because I continued to receive billing notifications after closing my account with Fido Customer Service some months earlier (I do not recall the exact date of my initial account closure request and have changed computers since that time; Fido, as noted below, refuses to provide me with this information.).

I only saved the end of it this May 22, 2020 chat session (above), in which Iranpreet promised me "24 months" credit. However, in the unsaved portion of the chat, I recall that Fido representative Iranpreet confirmed that he would close my account--which to my surprise had not as of that date been closed--and that the "24 months" of credit that he promised would apply to my then-current bill of about $132.

Since learning on November 1, 2022 that the 24 months (or simply the $132) was never credited to my account, I have requested from Fido:
1. My past chat session records, to clarify the situation.
2. My past bills.

Today, November 21, 2022, Fido representative Sheila refused to provide me with my Fido chat session records. She said she would not give me the chat session transcripts, including the one for the partial chat session above for which she admitted that she had a record, for reasons of "confidentiality". 

Sheila also refused to provide me with my prior Fido bills. Sheila did tell me that I could obtain my prior bills online. I explained to Sheila that when I click on "Bills" under "My Account" (with my name appearing above identifying it as "My Account") at Fido.ca, I get nothing. I again asked Sheila to provide my prior bills to clarify the situation, but she refused, repeatedly telling me to get them online. I reiterated several times to Sheila that my bills were unavailble online, yet Sheila kept telling me that this is where I had to get them and that she would not email them to me. She gave no reason for this refusal.

Fido representative Sheila also admitted that Fido did not close my account in response to my May 22, 2020 chat with Fido representative Iranpreet, despite his assurances that it would be closed. Sheila said that the account was only closed in September 2020 due to "nonpayment."

Since I received no further billing notifications after May 22, 2020, I had initially assumed the account was closed on that date.

On November 1, 2022, I opened a new Fido account. I was surprised to see a balance with interest ($136.25) for the account that I had been told on May 22, 2020 would receive ''24 months" of credit and be closed. I immediately paid this amount of $136.25.

On November 21, 2022, I spoke with Fido Customer Service representative Bhumica requesting that the $136.25 that I had paid on November 1, 2022 to settle my old account be applied to my new account. I explained that Fido representative Iranpreet had promised to close my old account on May 22, 2020 and apply "24 months" of credit. I mentioned that I had received no billing notifications since that date of May 22, 2020.

Bhumica replied that only Credit could transfer the credit from my old to my new account.

However, Aray Rah in Credit then said that I would have to speak with Customer Service.

I next spoke with Sheila in Customer Service. I should note that I spent six hours on the telephone with Fido representatives Bhumica, Aray Rah and Sheila during these three conversations on November 21, 2022.

Sheila told me the "24 months" of credit that Fido representative Iranpreet had promised me was, she thought, probably credit "moving forward" and not for prior invoices. I explained to Sheila that this made no sense, because I had cancelled my account first with Fido Customer Service and then again with Iranpreet on Fido's chat line (2020-05-22). Sheila replied that I had no proof of the conversation or of any cancellation. Consequently, I asked Sheila to email my complete chat conversation with Fido representative Iranpreet. As I mentioned, Fido representative Sheila refused to do so citing "confidentiality." Likewise, as I mentioned, Sheila refused to provide me with my bills for this account, so that I could verify if any credit (forward or backward) had been given. Furthermore, Sheila then began speaking rapidly and loudly, interrupting me whenever I tried to answer her questions or ask my own.

I seek CRTC action in this matter, specifically:

1. An order for Fido to apply the $136.25 that I paid on November 1, 2022 to my new account 946156916.

2. An order that Fido email me all chat sessions, bills and recorded or transcribed conversations with Fido Customer Service and Credit with respect to the above-referenced account or notes thereof. Despite Sheila's claim of confidentiality, I believe that under Canadian law, I am entitled to all "my information," including chat sessions, bills, etc. I have no objection to the redaction of Fido agent names or sensitive information.

3. An order for Fido to reimburse $900 to me for my time during these 6 hours of phone calls on November 21, 2002 (6 x $150, my rate as a Certified Translator and member of OTTIAQ).

4. All with interest at the Quebec "legal rate," as of November 21, 2022.

Sincerely yours,

Joshua Wallace
info@comcomtech.com

Hey @comcomtech! We're sorry to read about your experience with our customer service. This doesn't sound right at all. 

Please note that Former Fido customers who have cancelled their accounts can still access their bills online for up to 18 months. 

That being said, we would be happy to assist you with your request and review the whole situation with you. We're available over the phone or via Live Chat on our website as well as via private messages on social media : Facebook , Twitter, or Instagram. 

zeljko

I am currently trying to resolve what can only be described as robbery on multiple levels. 4 representative providing false information now I have no phones and I'm on hook for $3000. No one seam to know anything. 

Hey @zeljko,

That's not what we want to hear. I will be sending you a PM via the community in order for us to investigate the situation.

We hope to hear from you soon!😀

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Aarinsmith,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that you will only be referred to the Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). You might also refer here for steps to Resolve a Concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

NikitaK

Hi there what is the highest level of escalation? I know in the past it has always been office of the ombudsmen however someone from the office of the president has recently told me the office of the ombudsmen no longer exists as of March 2020?!? Have I been lied to? Since your posting about escalating to office of the ombudsmen is from this July. Please verify! I have been a customer for 10+ years and am not happy at all with all the misinformation between agents, supervisors and upper management and possibly lying. 

Hi @NikitaK

I am sending you a PM to look into this. 

Talk soon. 

aarinsmith

I'm not sure how to get in touch with a manager as everytime I have requested I have been disconnected.