Currently, I am in India and the Fido SIM has suddenly stopped getting network here. This happened about a month ago and it used to get the Airtel network back then. I tried :
1. Restarting the phone.
2. Use other SIMs on the phone, they work fine.
I have a dual SIM and other SIM which is actually Airtel gets perfect network. To make matters worse, there appears to be no way to contact any person in Fido support. The chat opens the chatbot which is useless in this case. Also, can't make an international call while I am India. Hence, posting in the forum.
I hope that someone from Fido would read from this forum.
The problem is the SIM. If you've upgraded to a 5G sim in Canada then it won't work in India. Same happened to me, luckily I had my old 4G sim. I inserted it and everything started working nicely. I'm sure it's too late to have your issue resolved, however, you have an answer as to what happened to you.
Have you made any changes since your lat stay overseas? Some of the things we can suggest trying:
Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.
Tried these. Even put the SIM in another working phone but it's not getting any network. The phone is able to read SIM and even access point names like ltemobile.apn, netsvcs, ltedata.apn, etc for Fido are showing in the settings. The phone is also able to pick the contact number on the SIM. So, pretty sure the SIM hasn't become nonfunctional as such.
Please diagnose the issue at your end as well asap as I will need to use my SIM shortly.
Of course we can get to the bottom of this, that's what we're here for!
There's a few things you need to keep in mind though in order to use roaming services, such as :
- Your plan must be eligible for roaming as plans such as data and text plans are not. You need to have a plan that includes talk time.
- There can't be any roaming blocks on the account
- You have to make sure automatic network selection is on, or that you chose the foreign network manually
If all of these are done on your end then let us know and we can look at your account to see what's going on.
1. I don't wanna use any roaming services. I barely wanna just receive text messages when they appear on my phone. I shouldn't need to have roaming plans when I don't want to call / use data. Secondly, the SIM did worked just fine initially for a couple of months for me in India. If it was a roaming problem, shouldn't it have been a problem as soon as I came to India!? Thirdly, even if it was a roaming problem, the SIM should at least catch some network. It's not getting any network whatsoever.
2. Can you please check if that's the case? I certainly didn't asked for any roaming block in all this while.
3. Indeed Automatic Network Selection is on.
Kindly look into my account to see what's the issue here. It has been a very long time.