Name display not working

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Chris87
I'm a Participant Level 1

Name display not working

Hello,

I'm having issues with my name display feature. It was added to my plan a few months ago but it is not working. I have talked to customer service and the suggestions they provided did not work (They removed it from my plan, readded it, reset network setting, resetting phone etc). 

Has anyone else had the same issue? I have a Hauwei P20 Pro

Accepted Solution

Re: Name display not working

Hey @david_nanta

As long as you have the Name Display feature added to your monthly plan, all the devices listed above should be able to provide that option.

Please note that even if you don't have the Name Display option on your plan, your phone is still able to provide this feature if the contact is saved on that device. Is this the case for your old cellphone?

Let us know so we can better assist you.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5

Hey Chris87!

What exactly are you seeing when someone calls you? Are you seeing just the phone number or are you seeing 'private' or 'unknown'?

Is the same thing happening when you have your SIM card in another phone?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Hey @Chris87!

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 1 david_nanta
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I did have a huawei P10 but the Name Display was not working (incompatible cellphone). Nevertheless I have a very old cellphone (that is not a smartphone) and name display works. I tried with Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, name display not working at all.

Impossible to find a list of compatible cellphones...

David

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Solution

Hey @david_nanta

As long as you have the Name Display feature added to your monthly plan, all the devices listed above should be able to provide that option.

Please note that even if you don't have the Name Display option on your plan, your phone is still able to provide this feature if the contact is saved on that device. Is this the case for your old cellphone?

Let us know so we can better assist you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5