cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty or like it or leave?

fireme347
I'm a participant level 3

Well, Loyality offer is only if you are fast enough, when I could finally get around to upgrading, all bets were off. Now I am forced to increase a montly payment by $20 for more data and Minutes I will NEVER use. If I want to cater to my needs itll cost $10 more for less than 1/4 of the services. Also any deals they provide over the phone re discounts and cut into by the $35 fee the call taker can not waive. So if I go online then I lose the call taker discount. Its Cheaper to buy a phone from a store and go to discount BYOD carrier. Then you can shop around whenever you like. Bye bye Loyalty.

8 REPLIES 8

michael_lu

Seriously, loyalty offers are getting worse. I'm looking to upgrade my phone and have yet to get a decent offer from Customer Service. Now that the non-discount carriers are offering unlimited data plans (albeit with a speed cap), I'm wondering if Fido will offer anything similar. I'm starting to wonder if I should just leave for a competing carrier after being loyal to Fido for the last 13 years.

Hello @michael_lu,

To your point about data, all our new plans now have the Data Overage Protection, which means you no longer have surprises of going over your data. We block it and offer you options to continue using it. That means that you have the peace of mind of never going over again and you can enjoy full LTE speeds with our new plans. No speed reduction in this case. No compromise on the quality! 

Additionally, our plans have Data Bytes which provides you with 5 hours of free data per billing cycle. That's another great way to enjoy data full speed ahead when you're out and about or are looking to use data-intensive apps like streaming or downloading videos. 

Of course, we wouldn't want to see you go after all these years and would love to review your options with you. To do so, you can reach out to us through our official customer service channels which you can find here

Hope this helps put things in perspective and we wish to have an on-going business relation for many years to come. Smiley 

FidoKenny

Hello @fireme347

It's true that promotions come and go. Sorry to see that you couldn't get your hands on the offer you were looking for.

We are always happy to to go over the best possible options with you.

For this, we need access to your account.

You can find the ways to contact us through our channels here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community. Let us know what's best for you.

fireme347

unless its any different information or have the ability to adjust current changed plans,  I have all the information i need. You may PM if its any different...

Let's take a look at your options together.

There's a PM coming your way. Talk to you soon.

fireme347

Nothing Resolved... will wait for promotions from all carriers come Christmas...

User1464

Loyalty doesn't seem to be important to them anymore, been with them for 10 years and the I've chat/called a few times myself and all they offer me is the exact same offers I see on the website. A few years ago there was at least the Fido dollars that kept me from leaving or the actual retention/loyalty department with decent offers but now it's just just terrible offers over and over again. Most likely gonna switch around christmas time too.

An extra 2 gigs of data is not a "loyalty offer" 

fireme347

Agreed. I had accumulated Fido dollars as well and they scrapped the program without even a blink. Just as fast as plan changes.