Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal customer needs help!!!!

HanNg
I'm a participant level 2

I need help and don't know what to do!

I have been a Fido customers for 5 years, on the same plan. The plan I got at that time was an official plan offered widely, not a special discount back then at all,

Today wanted to check what phone I can get under my plan since it's been 2 years. I checked online but couldn't find a straight answer.

The agent spent 10-15 minutes with system since she couldn't find info on my plan; put me on hold to check with another department, then told me my plan is not in the system anymore, if want to keep my plan, have to bring my own phone.

I was shocked, the plan has worked for me, I'm good with Fido so far and never look around for promotion from other providers. I could have got many better plans with bring your own phone during the promotions of other providers. I feel my loyalty is not appreciated, but punished! 

I asked if could speak to a supervisor. I was transfered to Ricardo. The phone call was more than half an hour. He confirmed the plan is not in the system, but he was willing to look to offer me something similar. I was offered another plan which also gives me a  free phone, but the cost is higher than what I'm paying and offers more values; but since he could see my history as a long time customer, I will be offered 25% off and that will bring me similar, a little bit less honestly, bill like what I'm paying. I was given a reference number for the offer to call back by 9PM today. I was so happy and felt like Fido values its customer. 

However, he called back and said it's not right, the price is actually $10 more, and he still can give me 25% off. He tried to convince me that the plan is much better than my plan, and just need to pay a bit more. It's true, but that's not the issue I need help with. I just need to continue the relationship that Fido and I have in the last 5 years. I don't wish to pay more for the "better" part of new plan. I'm fine with my plan, and just need a new phone (any new one, no need for a fancy one) because after 2 years my current phone is a bit "cukcoo".

Not sure it's an innocent mistake from him, or it's just the Fido tactic to upsell to customers.

So basically, after nearly 1 hour in total, the reply get from Fido is still that they will not honor the plan I have been on for 5 years and I have to pay more for a new plan in order to get the phone.

I wonder if there is anything Fido can help me with?

(I literally don't understand how a provider spends millions on promotions to attract new customers, but ignore the current loyal ones. I'm not asking for a special deal or a discount, all I ask for is Fido to continue to honor the current status)

7 REPLIES 7

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello HanNg,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, as the cost of services and mobile phones increase, some grandfathered plans (old plans no longer offered) can no longer accommodate their previous subsidy.

As loyal customers, Fido allows us to keep our grandfathered plans. Often, they offer more but cost less than newer in-market plans. However, depending on the age of the plan, it may not have as much (or any) subsidy remaining. If your plan does not have any subsidy anymore, you are still able to keep it as a BYOP plan. On the other hand, if you wish to subsidise another phone, you will likely have to switch to a plan which contains sufficient subsidy for your desired phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

HanNg

Cawtau, it is sensible and I understand that. It would be very unreasonable of me to ask for a "desired phone" and doesn't want to pay more. I'm ok with a normal phone, also open for a new plan which aligns with the budget and the needs. I didn't feel like I was offered one. I was, but then it was taken away in the way that I felt like an upsell trap.

It's really a ridiculous amount I'm paying a month now for what my plan has, if without a phone subsidy! 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @HanNg

What @Cawtau said is correct. You can keep your grandfathered plan on your line for as long as you want. Once you complete a plan change though, you will not be able to revert back to the old one, as we no longer offer it.

In terms of pricing, we regularly review the offers and promotions available. This also includes the pricing of the devices, the price plans, as well as the subsidies provided by each tab on phones purchased on a 2 year term.

That said, we do appreciate your loyalty, and we'd be more than happy to take a closer look at your account to follow up on your request. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at these channels if you need any assistance with your Fido account. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here as well.

CalgaryBill

Looks like I'll need to change providers.

Hey @CalgaryBill!

What's going on exactly?

We wouldn't want to see you go and the Community is here to help! Shed some light on the situation and we're confident you'll get the answers you need Smiley

CalgaryBill

Every two years I could get a deal on a phone.

Fido says they don't do that anymore so I'm going to change providers.

Where did you hear that we no longer have any deals?

We always make sure you get the deal that suits your needs best.

If you need help upgrading your phone, you can always contact our customer service by these methods.