cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower my bill at this time

Pinky_brown
I'm a participant level 2

Due to what's happening in our world right now and not knowing how long it will last. I'm try to lower Bills where I can and Fido wants an extra 82.00$ for lowering my plan.  This is crazy! Due to a virurs we are told stay home. Work is out of the question as is shut down. When it comes down to basic needs it's  HYDRO its WATER its FOOD. I dont need your extra large plan that was already gauging me at 15 GB Data for 145.00. This is the one thing I should be able to cut the coast with no hassle. If I'm out of work a month that a chance I cant pay it if 2 months you'll cut me off and still want 280.00 plus late fees. This is crazy I should not have to pay a down grade payment. This makes no sense this it not ok. We are in the middle of a pandemic make your money else where. 

9 REPLIES 9

randaya
I'm a contributor level 2

if they won't help you out with better option...cut your losses ...sign up with another provider that will offer you a better price point for the service you need..do the math of staying with fido vs porting over

4 months with fido = $560 or

port over

your last fido bill will have $80 device balance + current month usage ($140 full month) 

+

4 months with another provider @ $xx per month + activation fee.

= I bet it will be less than $560

Pinky_brown

That's great math thanks you!!

Hey @Pinky_brown! Philippe here.

We'll be happy to help you with ways to lower your bill. You can contact us for that here or, at your request, we can sent you a PM to take a look at your account.

Hope to chat with you soon!

randaya

Hi @Pinky_brown ...Fido is affraid of the truth.  They deleted my previous post.  

Hello,

@randaya wrote: ...Fido is affraid of the truth.  They deleted my previous post.  

Your post was likely deleted because it violated Fido Community's Terms of Use.

Cheers

randaya

Terms of use = DO NOT TELL THE TRUTH

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Pinky_brown,

Welcome to the community!

I understand the desire to reduce your bills given the current situation. However, it appears as though you're currently subsidising a phone and are on contract. The fees for switching your plan from an Extra Large plan would be an adjustment required for paying off your phone with a plan containing less or no subsidy. If you did not wish to pay that fee, you might consider switching to a different Extra Large plan with less data. Those plans would have the same amount of subsidy towards your phone.

You should note that Fido is ensuring that services will not be suspended or disconnected for any customers experiencing financial difficulties over the next 90 days. In addition, we will support our customers facing financial uncertainty because of Covid19 with more flexible payment options (taken from here). If you're unable to make full payment on your bill, you'll likely have to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Pinky_brown

That is not a helpful response at all. If it was possible to attached pictures I would like to point out #1 I'm half way through my month and have not even use a full GB and you are still going to charge me 145.00. #2 verison is offering 15 GB free for the month to get through this time. Offering me time and credit options is not what I need. What I need is to lower my phone bill. I don't make long distance calls , I dont send I tons of text and I only have the ex large package because that's all your company had for A larger Data plan. I am not using it and I want out of it and not at the cost of an extra 82.00 to down grade. 

Hello again,

Sorry to hear you did not find my previous reply helpful. However, you seem to have missed some relevant information. I understand you might not require that amount of data.

@Cawtau  wrote ...you might consider switching to a different Extra Large plan with less data...

You should also note that Verizon does not operate in Canada.

@Pinky_brown wrote:... I only have the ex large package because that's all your company had for A larger Data plan...

It seems like you're referring to two different things: amount of data and amount of subsidy. Most of Fido's plans have different data and subsidy options. Fido did offer Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP)(ie no subsidy) plans with 15GB of data (same amount as your plan) so that's not the reason you got an Extra Large plan. You likely received an Extra Large plan to subsidise a device. Did you get a device with  your plan? The Extra Large plans allows customers to pay less upfront for their devices. However, it also means that they pay more monthly to pay-off the rest of the phone cost.

@Cawtau  wrote:...The fees for switching your plan from an Extra Large plan would be an adjustment required for paying off your phone with a plan containing less or no subsidy....

The $82 required is the amount remaining on your phone. If you wish to lower your bill, you still need to pay-off the full amount of your phone. That can either be done by paying the downgrade fee (amount remaining on your phone) or switch to a plan which contains the same amount of subsidy towards your phone. That is, a swtiching to a different Extra Large plan with less data.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers