cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charges scam

Venushetty
I'm a participant level 3

I have got a shock of my life I received a postpaid bill amounting to around$700, fido online customer service  had sent me a contract for 1000 minutes long distance calling on 24 March, after a week the service  automatically changes, without any interaction coming from the Fido online customer service and no alert was sent regarding the charges .I also interacted two times with the customer service once the customer service person waived out the charges and and told me to pay the monthly charges as decided by the contract on the 24th of March, after sometime I come to know the charges are not reversed again I spoke to the customer service and request was put up but there is no solution coming up,paying the bill is next to impossible at this  covid times. Fido community pls help as this is very critical harrasment being done, i am going under depression, and I am jobless, how can I pay the mysterious charges.

7 REPLIES 7

Sinn20
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have the same problem. I signed up with fido with a plan that included long-distance charges, and for some reason, the system didn't add it, so I went make a long-distance call and got charged, I have supporting documents, and noone at fido is helping me 

Hey @Sinn20! That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!
You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you.

Hello @Venushetty , I am so sorry to hear that you are having financial despair. Did you make the long distance calls that you were charged for? When 1000 minutes are given as a bonus, they do expire and don't renew depending on your agreement. If you are struggling to make payments, you can arrange with fido credit solutions for a payment plan or discuss your options going forward. This thread Here  has the number of the credit department. Hope that helps

Venushetty

Thanks for your support, also my 1000 minutes as not expired and did not exceed the limit

Hello Venushetty,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected charges. Firstly, you should note the 1000 International minutes is a promotional offer and not a part of any plan details. If the duration of the promotion was not outlined when it was received, it's end-date would have been provided in your bill a couple of months prior to its actual termination. In addition, you should note that since Fido has switched from their subsidised plans to their Payment Program, plans are no longer contractual. If you have a contract, it only applies to the device financing only.

You mentioned in some of your other posts that you changed your plan in the app. it should be noted that promotion may not be available on all plans. If the promotion is still available on your plan, are you aware those minutes only apply to long-distance portion of calls? Long-distance are charged airtime plus long-distance charges. Those promotional minute would only apply to to the long-distance portion. Airtime charges would still apply. If your plan has a limited number if included airtime minutes, excess usage would incur minute overage charges.

In addition, are you aware that those promotional minutes only apply to calls to certain Countries? You can view the included Countries here.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

I also understand you have already contacted customer service. However, this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Venushetty

I appreciate your kind information and feedback, my problem is soughted up with FIDO, thanks to customer support team and Fido community, always ready to guide.

Hello again,

Apologies for my misunderstanding. Glad you hear your issue had been solved. 😀

Cheers