Late Payment charges?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Late Payment charges?

I was trying to make a payment online, as it turns out 2 hours after my billing due date. It was supposed to be November 30 but it had slipped my mind. So I tried to make a payment on December 1 at 2 am. But to no avail. Both the online and phone service are experiencing technical difficulties. I have sent this question to customer service, but will they bill me for late charges if I am a day late? I think with any other bill I have had with other companies, there has always been a grace period. But I have never been late on my fido bill before, so  I wondered.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Late Payment charges?

If your payment is received before your billing cycle close date no late fee will apply.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 31
Highlighted

If the due date falling on a weekend, will fido consider the due date to be next business day?. My due date was Saturday and I paid on Sunday. Am I now considered late?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 31
Highlighted

Hey @Hany_sams and thanks for reaching out.

The business days are not considered for that situation.

You simply need to make sure that the payment is done before the due date showing up on your bill.

Hope this helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 31
Highlighted

Thanks. One last question... Is this one day late pavement going to impact my credit score by any way or shape? Will Fido report this to credit companies( I.e equafax and TransUnion) as late payment? I'm asking because I'm getting a mortgage and don't want this to impact my score
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 31
Highlighted

@Hany_sams

Equifax says: “Pay all of your bills on time. Paying late, or having your account sent to a collection agency has a negative impact on your credit score.”
TransUnion says: “A good record of on-time payments will help boost your credit score.” Taken from this article here.

While late payments can affect your credit score and if this is a one time thing and not a reccuring issue I would not worry too much about it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 31
Highlighted

Okay understood, but is the one day late payment going to be reported by Fido to credit companies? although my billing cycle is still on the 22nd. I mean the late payment paid one day after the required pavement date ( June 19) but before the billing cycle end( june22). Please let me know
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 31
Highlighted

Yes it will, the payment due date for June 19th is for your May invoice and you missed that payment. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 31
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

let us cut the story short, so fido wants to lose customers due to small amount of late payment charges rather than having them stayed with them for years. so how much do fido earned from a loyal customers like me in 4 years? they won't even give you any kind of consideration to waive $1.27 (" it is their company policy") instead they want you to reconsider porting your number to other carriers. what a lousy business strategy to get hold of the customers.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 31
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @rocky714!

We'd hate to see you go. Sad I'd just like to clarify though that late payment fees are part of your service agreement:

''If we do not receive payment of an amount due on your account by the specified required payment date, it will be subject to a late payment charge of 2% per month. This late payment charge will accrue on a daily basis and will be calculated and compounded monthly on the outstanding amount (26.82% per year) from the date of the first bill on which it appears until the date we receive that amount in full. You agree that we can charge any unpaid and outstanding amount, including any late payment charges, on any pre-authorized payment method on your account (e.g., a credit card or bank account withdrawal).''

You can view all the terms and conditions here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 31
Highlighted

@rocky714 wrote:
let us cut the story short, so fido wants to lose customers due to small amount of late payment charges rather than having them stayed with them for years. so how much do fido earned from a loyal customers like me in 4 years? they won't even give you any kind of consideration to waive $1.27 (" it is their company policy") instead they want you to reconsider porting your number to other carriers. what a lousy business strategy to get hold of the customers.

@rocky714 you also have to look at it from Fido's side, the late payment charge is more of a deterrent if they did not put that charge in place then everyone will pay their invoice whenever they feel like. Fido have employees that needs to get paid they also have bills to pay and that is dependant on we the customer to make our payments on time.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 31
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Why can't people come to the conclusion that ultimatly it is your responsibility to pay your bills when it is due? You are making the argument that you should not be penilized for your own failed management to time and money.

Fido offers a lot of methods to aviod late fees, one of which is preapproved credit card payment.

If for whatever reason you cannot use credit card payments, pay your bill a few days eariler! we all have smartphones as we are Fido customers right? set a monthly reminder  on your phone calander to pay Fido 4 days early, problem solved.

I have late payments before, I was late almost 2 weeks becuase I thought I paid but didn't get through. It was my own fault and I paid the fee. I also got dinged on my credit report score but I don't make a habit of not paying so I'm not too concerned. I'm just glad Fido is able to resolve issue quickly AND my phone didn't get disconnected after my failed payment. in my opinion Fido did enough for me just let letting me keep using my cellphone when my payment was late.

17 years ago Fido did lose me as a customer when they failed to clear a check for my prepaid phone. I was using a Nokia 3310 back then Smiley I was easiler to move to competiator to get a new phone and line than to wait up to 10 days for Fido to resolve my check clearning issue...  so I think Fido improved a lot since then.

but if you are willing to switch over a $1.27 late fee you incured then I guess to each its own.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 31