cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Data top-ups

Mcbxo
I'm a participant level 1

I added 2 Data top up Add ons couple months ago and I see I'm still being charged for them and I cant figure out how to remove them off my plan. Ive gone to change my plan on the Fiso app and site and only lets me do changes to my actual plan, not the add ons. I'm being charged an extra $50 a month and don't want it. 

Now currently on hold with a wait time of 48 mins to hour and 13 mins with Fido, anyone know how to remove Add one?

51 REPLIES 51

Carly83

Fido you have been charging me for recurring data top ups for months, I can not remove the data top up from the account.. in fact there are multiple and it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 dollars extra charges every month.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Carly83! Can you give us some more information as to what happens when you try to remove them?

Did you text CANCEL to 222?

Let the Community know and we'll go from there! 

Hey @Jester33

That doesn't sound right, we'll be happy to help with that. 

Are you now getting an error message if you text back 222 or is it still giving you the option to remove the top up? 

Keep me posted! 

Jester33
I'm a participant level 2

The reply I got on Aug 12th says "Hi, it’s Fido: You don’t currently have a recurring Monthly Data Top-Up on your account. To add a Data Top-Up now, please text the keyword "DATA" to 222."  

You definitely shouldn't be billed anymore if that's the case. I see that we sent you a PM here on the Community. If you reply there we'll be happy to further look into this with you and check out what happened there.

Chat soon!

teresa3

I have the same issue.  I added a monthly data top-up by mistatke in February, and each and every month since then, I have to call to have the charge taken off my bill.

I can't cancel by texting cancel to 222 because it says I do not have extra data to cancel.

I see it is still listed on my account as an extra, so I will have to call again when the June bill comes out.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

Hey @teresa3,

Welcome to the Community!

This really shouldn't be happening, so sorry that you've had this experience!

Don't worry though, help's on the way! I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at the account and have this solved asap Smiley

Talk soon!

Lin_

I also have the same problem, I would like to cancel the top-ups but when I send cancel to 222 it shows 'your request didn't go through. We are not sure what happened.' And I cannot cancel the top-ups through fido.ca in my account. But it stills exists on my bill every month. What's wrong with that?

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Lin_!

Let's check out what might be causing that together. 

We'll send you a PM shortly!

Hey @Adela123

To cancel a Data Top Up you have to send the word CANCEL to the number 222 from your device

You can view all the info regarding this here. Smiley