I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

How can I buy Data daily pass?

10 REPLIES 10

K2theSo
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

More specifically, how do I buy a Data daily pass using my Fido dollars?

Many thanks in advance! 

Hello K2theSo,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure whether you can use Fido Dollars towards Data passes. As far as I am aware, Fido Dollars can only be used for a new phone, Travel packs, and certain add-ons -- managing calls and long-distance (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

K2theSo

Wishful thinking I suppose... Many thanks!

Tru
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. If you wish to make sure that you have the right internet settings in your phone, I invite you to click here.

Hope it helps!

Hey @Community 

I just wanted to add up on what was said above.

@FidoStephen's indications are still correct. You can still Text ‘DATA’ to 3282 to add the data daily pass.

All the instructions on how to add it is available on our Data Passes page here.

Hope this helps everyone Smiley

caviar

I received the link from texting 3282 but it brings me to an error page. I turned wifi off and the page just says I'm offline. I would like to purchase temporary data. I have a voice-only plan and no recent changes to my account. By the information in this thread and on the Fido website, I should be eligible to purchase this. Any suggestions?

Hey Caviar! 

Hmm, have you also tried to open a browser type in any website address or tried to launch an app such as facebook, twitter, or any email app? You should be prompted to add a data pass when you try to do either of those actions. Do you get the same result? 

Let us know!

caviar

I turned my wifi off and tried to access my Lynda.com, Instagram, Behance, Fido and Chrome apps and all just stated I was offline with no option to buy data. 

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @caviar

That's odd. I'm sending you a PM and we'll check out your account. 

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi pla07,

Provided you have the correct internet settings in your phone and no data blocks in your account, you should be prompted to add a data pass as soon as you try to access the internet. 

It would help if you could let us know what kind of phone you are using. 

Lastly, you can also send a text message to the number 3282 with "Pass" or "Data" in the message body.