cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get my 100 dollar deposit fee back

MCB11
I'm a participant level 1

How can I get back my 100 dollar  deposot?

13 REPLIES 13

Zanne
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, its my 12th year in fido and the guy told me i can get my $150 deposit back after a year.. how can i get it back now?

Hey @Zanne

I have moved your post in this thread as it is about the same subject. You'll find the details are provided by Claudia.

Ophone

Interesting we wait for 12 months then Fido decides we get the deposit back? The sales guy stated 6 months. A lie?

Hey @Ophone Smiley

Security deposits are refunded after a 12 month period, and under the conditions in the solution provided by @FidoClaudia, above in the thread.

If something else was explained to you during the activation of your line, you can always contact us and we'll be happy to go over everything!

Hugh345

Hello I was told a different time or period (3months) for the deposit to be refunded to me. The sales representative at the time was a guy named Shakir. I also have more information about the contract and would like talk more about the issue, please and thank you.

Hugh

Hey @Hugh345

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Security deposits are usually refunded after a year if all your payments have been made on time. If you want to verify what's happening with your deposit, you can always contact us.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MCB11,

The security deposit is held on your account for 12 months after the activation. On the first billing cycle after the 12-month period, the system determines the refund eligibility based on your account history.

If your account is eligible for a refund, the deposit will be released towards your account balance. If ever your account is not eligible, a re-evaluation is processed on a monthly basis until the deposit can be released.

The security deposit is also automatically released in the following scenarios:

• The subscriber line linked to the deposit is deactivated.
  • An automated re-evaluation or new credit evaluation offers a $0 security deposit option, as long as the deposit has been held for minimum of 12 months

Hope this helps!

If you need more info on this, specifically based on your account, don't hesitate to contact us here.

par-kvrz

Hello,

I have paid 200$ last year as a security deposit for my phone plan and they said if every bill is paid on time, it'll be retuned in a year.

I wanted to know when will I get it back and whether I can choose to have it deposited into my bank account instead of credit for bill payment.

Thank you

Hey @par-kvrz Very_Happy

I've moved your post to a similar thread, so you can find the information you need! 

It's also good to note that the refund is always done towards your Fido account balance.

If you have any questions specific to your account, you can always contact us for further assistance. Smiley

faizanhaq

If I decide to buy the device and opt out of the 24months plan will the amount be adjusted by my security deposit amount?

Hey @faizanhaq! Philippe here. Welcome to the comunity. Smiley

In order to answer your question properly, can you tell me when you paid the security deposit on your account please?

Thanks!

faizanhaq

Thanks! I paid the security deposit in December'20 when I got the phone + sim card. was new to Canada then so didnt have a credit card.

Hey @faizanhaq

The security deposit is not used towards the cost of the device. If you decide to pay off your Fido Payment Program ahead of time, it is charged towards your invoice. The security deposit is only released if the account is completed deactivated or if it's been held for 12 months at which point a automated re-evaluation can determine that the account no longer requires a security deposit. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. Smiley