cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbage App

Sachin_V_S
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

If customer feedback is worth a **bleep** at Rogers, then please take this with utmost sincerity (whoever is responsible for monitoring this "community").

The Fido My Account app on Android is hot garbage. Either there needs to be a serious investigation into the development/engineering teams that made this or my WiFi is very poor and my smartphone is old. The latter 2 is unlikely to be the case since I'm using a 1 Gbps fibre connection, on a phone with top end specs and have never had issues like this with any other app or service.

1. Unnecessary Captcha on logging into the app. Just why ? This started a month or so ago without any intimation. I've used Captcha immeasurably in my life but I SWEAR it flags me and gets stupidly slow over times despite checking all the right things. I'm using the app to pay YOU. If Fido doesn't want me to check the deadline and amount on my bill, please let me know at the earliest so I can find another provider. This is 2022. Add a fingerprint check, stop living in 2008 and remove Captcha. 

2. Payment through the app is a nightmare. My credit card was charged 3 TIMES today for a single bill payment because it didn't go through the first time. Now I don't know what infrastructure or service it's relying on, but this is not the first time it's happened and I'm not the only one. My friends continue to face this at times and it is horrendously slow.

The app has always been odd and off in my use. Slow launches, slow payments, unclear information that is misguided, but the experience today forced me to setup this community profile and put in writing. 

@fido - if you can't provide a basic decent experience in this digital age, how are you going to survive 7 years from now ?

1 REPLY 1

FidoJonathan

Hey @Sachin_V_S! Welcome to the Community. We thank you very much for feedback. We're always looking to improve our services and this is exactly the kind of comment that can help us do so.

Regarding your payment, I would highly recommend that you reach out to us through one of our support channels. We will be able to take a closer look at what went wrong as we do not want to charge you more than what's on your bill.