cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid phone number on third party apps

unrealklaus
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, I am new to Canada and received Fido sim from my home country India, the sim is working great, and I've paid the first month bill as well. However on many websites, when I enter the phone number to sign up, the number shows as invalid. The so called websites includes; Steam, Tim Hortons, DoorDash, etc. What could be the issue? Please provide some kind of solution to this. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

unrealklaus

I enter the number normally and it automatically formats it for me.. for eg,. on doordash it looks like this,

doordash.png

last 2 digits are fake,..

Hello Unrealklaus,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether there is a swift solution to your issue. The 382 overlay area code was introduced relatively recently (see here and here). Unfortunately, some of the online databases have not yet been updated with the new overaly (for example, see here). That would be the likely reason why those websites show the number as invalid. The databases used by those websites have not yet been updated with the new overaly.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider reaching out to customer service to see if they can expedite the inclusion of the new overlay into online databases. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much influence they might have updating those databases. If you are not willing to wait, you might consider trying to change your number to a more established area code. You should be able to change your phone number via your My Account --> View Usage & Mangage. From your Dashboard, the option to Change my number is located near the bottom of the page, under Quick Actions.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

unrealklaus

Okay I see what the issue is. Thanks for all the references. I might change my number if it's an easy process. Thanks for tbe help I appreciate it.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @unrealklaus,

Welcome to the community!

You received the SIM card in India?  When entering the number on those sites are you entering the Canadian number correctly area code followed by the number for example 4161234567?