cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend referral is a scam

uj72
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, it has been 8 months, and I still haven't received the friend referral discount. I have been dealing with customer service for 3 months over email, but they haven't provided any explanation or details about the issue. They keep telling me that my referral is being transferred to a temporary number, but I never received that temporary number. Moreover, they are not giving me specific details about the problem.

Does anyone have Fido's customer relations contact number or email address?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Uj72,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have not been able to avail of the Refer-a-Friend program.

@uj72 wrote:

... They keep telling me that my referral is being transferred to a temporary number, but I never received that temporary number....

Are you sure that is the information they provided to you? If you were referred to Fido, did you port your number from a different provider? Or else, did the friend you referred port their number from a different provider? If yes, that could be the reason your referral did not go through.

When signing up for services, you (or your friend) would have been provided with a number. If the intention was to port a number from a different provider, that number given to you or them would have been temporary  until the porting process completed. Unfortunately, if the number provided to the Refer-a-Friend program was the one initially given by Fido (ie temporary), both referrer and referee will not be able to avail of the reward:

Refer a Friend.jpg

~taken from here.

You can also view the Terms & Conditions of the program here. Is it possible that could be the reason you have not received the reward?

If you would like to query a specific referral, you would need to contact the Refer-a -Friend support team.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you have other specific account issues, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Magelan914

I did referral for 2 friends, back in February and March. Provided supporting documentation. Get answer we investigate, thanks for referrals. For few months already sounds like robot answering with same message exactly, so it's a scum. Very disappointed with Fido, after been as long term customer...Thinking on moving to other provider