Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing Fido account while abroad / Temporary Suspension

SungPark
I'm a participant level 1

Have a question.
Now I'm visiting out of Canada and staying more than a month(maybe 2months I think) so can I freeze my payment for a month or more(if needed)? And possible to apply online?

And also last week, I paid $ 50.40 for plan. Is this for Dec or January 2019? If its for Jan, can I get refund and then freeze acxount?

15 REPLIES 15

Seonahshin

I was trying to suspend my phone temporarily but I can not find the way. I'm abroad now. I need your help. thank you .  

Hey @Seonahshin

Temporary suspension can only be applied by customer service, so it's normal you cannot do it yourself. 

That said, I have moved your post in this thread as it is about the same topic. You'll find the answer provided in the solution above.

You can send us a message through our Social Media channels (Facebook/twitter) or we can send you a PM right here. Let us know what you prefer.

CMEswim

I am looking for information to temporarily suspend my account at the end of the December billing cycle until the end of June. I am sitting on hold with customer service at the moment. Is there any other way I can get this done? The account is not under contract and in good order.

Hi @CMEswim

Were you able to get your account suspended? If not, let us know and we'll send you a PM!

dereklall

Hi,

I am going abroad for 5 months from Jan. I am under contract but was wondering if i can temporarily freeze my account for the time im abroad. 

thanks!

Hello @dereklall,

No, you will not be able to suspend your account if you are currently under contract. It is only possible for lines that is not on a contract.

alisunshine2

Hello,

Can I freeze/suspend my phone for upto 1 month from this coming Saturday? I'm not under any agreement and my account is in order. 

Thank you,

Alison 

Hey @Khawaja

Welcome to the Community!

You can find all the details above in the solution to this thread Smiley

It's possible to suspend a line for a minimum of 2 months and it can only start at the beginning of a new cycle.

joewang001

Hi,

I will be living abroad from now until end of July, iI'd like to suspension my account temporarily. Please send me the PM.

Thanks

Hey @joewang001

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

if you donot mind losing your account rights, just port over your fido post paid to prepaid (the cheapest monthy rate), and you can keep your fido number.

FidoSaira

Hey @SungPark

Congrats on your first post!

We do offer the possibility to suspend your services for $7 per billing cycle as long as you're not under an agreement for a minimum of 2 months. The temporary suspension is offered  as of your billing cycle renewal date and cannot be backdated. If your cycle date has passed, we can apply it as of the next cycle.

That said, your account needs to be in order and an advance payment is required to cover the suspension period. Alternatively, you can register to pre-authorized payment.

Keep also in mind that you can only request one suspension within a 12-month period. 

As for the payment, you can verify that via your online account or by contacting us. Let us know if you'd like us to send you a PM.

reza1231

Hi, I have been using fido for 16 months and I need to go back to my country for five months. I dont want to lose my fido number and I want to get it suspended for the duration which I will not reside in Canada. 

I coudnt find any contact number to get an in-person guidance and help. Please let me know about the steps which I should be following.

This is my email address: s.rezXXXXXX@gmail.com

Thanks 

Hey @reza1231! Feel free to contact us through one of our servicing channels and we will be glad to assist you with your temporary suspension.

Hey @SungPark

Were you still looking to add a suspension? Don't hesitate to reach out if you do Smiley 

Also to add to @FidoSaira's answer, it's good to know that the suspension would start your next cycle. Previous cycles would not be refunded. You can request a suspension up to 60 days in advance.