cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out of Fido Pre-Paid: Rogers Corporate -> Fido Pre-Paid -> Rogers Personal

coolspot
I'm a contributor level 2

I signed up for a new Rogers plan at a Rogers corporate store, but they realized they could not port my Rogers corporate number directly to another Rogers account. Instead, they had me sign up for a Fido Pre-Paid account and temporarily ported the number to Fido.

The number has been successfully ported to Fido.

Now, I am attempting to port it back to Rogers, but I am encountering errors. The port request was declined due to the following message:

"This phone number was not found within your current service provider’s system. Please contact your current service provider for further assistance."

How long does it typically take for Fido to allow port-outs after a port-in?

2 REPLIES 2

coolspot

All good now - Rogers (or Fido) had to do something on their backend to do the port.

This morning, I noticed the port went from "Under Review" to "In Progress", about 1 hour later I got the Fido Text to port.

Like you said, it's probably due to the number of ports in short amount of time and probably due to their systems trying to reconcile the numbers.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Coolspot,

I'm not sure whether there are any security measures to prevent SIM-swap fraud. I understand what you're attempting to do, however, I don't think it would not be usual porting behaviour.

It's also possible that your pre-paid account is not yet active if you have not added funds nor selected a pre-paid plan. That could be why the phone number could not be found.

If you would like to discuss the situation, you would need to contact customer service so they may look into the matter. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. That said, you might need to contact their dedicated pre-paid line.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers